Skip to content

Woodie with steel supports

1 to 3 of 3

Hello everyone. I'm very new to NoLimits, and I need to find a way to create a traditional woodie style layout with timber track and timber ledgers, but with a steel support frame. I have hunted about to find some way of doing this but so far can only find manually selecting the automatically generated wood supports individually and replacing, which will take forever. Can anyone point to a fast way of doing this? Is it possible to do it through the scripting language? Thanks.

Yes! It takes a little work, but it's doable. In the auto support generator, make sure catwalks and railings are not selected. Then auto-build the supports like normal. Select all the supports and change them to steel (whatever type you want; L beam 6x6 or 3x3 work best) and be sure to color them steel colored or whatever color you want. Then go back into the support generator, uncheck "clear previous structure" and only check handrails and catwalks. That should add them to the already steel supports.

1 to 3 of 3