External Ride View Only? No motion with motion rig
This is only with custom train. Depending on the script is used.
Oh, you mean unless they use one of the built-in trains things just won't work? Makes sense if there is no physics engine behind it. So there is no fixing them then. Kind of unfortunate. Is there any way to know which coaster will and will not support motion and genuine coaster experience and which ones are for viewing only without downloading them? It would be nice to be able to search the ones I care about :-). Thanks for the reply!
U can use the proper script to make it work, kind of an experienced job (u need to know what u doing, to make it work)
Yeah, I'm not going to invest that kind of time into it :-)
I'm more into sim racing and flying, the roller coaster thing is just more of a novelty for me and the original included ones already exhaust me, I was just looking for some other ones based on real coasters I like and rode like the Hagrid's Motorcycle Ride or Space Mountain (neither of which work properly with motion)
Are these parks in the Exchange ?
They are:
https://nolimitscentral.com/exchange/park/95
https://nolimitscentral.com/exchange/park/1553
But there are others that look cool but don't work with motion because of the camera. I guess when the maker doesn't have a motion rig, there is little incentive to make it work with one :-)
Sorry my 30 year old XP can't handle them.
All good, they run alright on my setup except no motion :-)
gregtakacs posted on November 30th, 2024
All good, they run alright on my setup except no motion :-)
OK good to hear. Good luck. Feel free to ask again.
Do you have a quest 3 and motion working? I can get one or the other but not both at the same time. Aggravating
I do but I have a legit 6DOF hexapod, not a d-box setup.
The main issue here is that all of the built-in trains are generating telemetry data from each camera position. Scripted custom trains use an invisible wireframe train of some other style with custom cars scripted to follow that position. Scripted cameras allow you to ride in these scripted cars, but they only give you the view from that seat. Telemetry data is not generated from scripted cameras, either for custom trains or for the flat rides.
Any coasters you download that use any of the huge list of built-in trains will give you telemetry data.
-Ride_Op
Hi all does anyone know how to keep motion running while wearing a Quest 3 I've spent hours and hours trying things with chat gpt and getting no where the telemetry starts fine in both 2d and VR but as soon as you remove headsets just once then you put it back on motion stops, remove headset the motion start's again it's back to front it seems to loose focus and not start up again this is happening using Sim tools v3 with the No Limits 2 plugin,open xr and meta link run times still does it also launching it from steam VR oculus VR and open xr does not make any difference same thing you take the headset of the motion start's again even with another tab open over the top of the game on the desktop the motion will run until VR is triggered it stops dead it's so frustrating there must be others out there using Quest 3 with motion.

Hey, I just donwloaded a few coasters and I find that they don't have actual ride view option for me, only an External Ride View camera. When this happens my motion rig does not move at all which is disappointing to say the least. I guess for most this is not a problem sitting stationary but is there any way to "fix" these bad releases so I can actually ride them with motion like I can the ones that came with the game?