Skip to content

Weird roller coaster dreams you've had

1 to 25 of 26

-Sometime before Kentucky Flyer was announced, I dreamed that KK had announced a 50 foot tall B&M invert with orange track, and it was called something like 'Daily Dog Sled'. Despite the height, it was not a family invert since the screenshot (for some reason there was no video) showed the typical drop followed by a vertical loop. I remember feeling insanely disappointed by both the announcement itself and the name.
-Countless dreams about a bizarro version of Kings Island where Son of Beast was still there, Banshee sprawled all over the park, and the Beast looking more like the Louisville Zoo train ride in terms of station area and general layout. Probably not too out of place for something XYZcoaster would make.
-Countless dreams about a large scale B&M coaster at Kentucky Kingdom under construction. Also for some reason Mile High falls has a lot more theming and generally more elaborate than IRL.
-Last night I dreamed that Six Flags had announced an RMC similar to Twisted Cyclone called Twisted Twister. That same dream somehow also involved me riding Skyrush and I thought I was going to be riding it backwards but for some reason it had a 180 degree turn out of the station. Once we crested the lift hill I began to catch on to the possibility that it was a dream despite the vividly realistic feeling of the drop.

You know that moment when in your dreams your rollercoaster ride is about to start and your dream ends? One time that did not happen on a Volcano-esque Inverted Launch coaster. An omen that it was going to be removed?

A long time before I became an enthusiast, I had a dream that I was riding a coaster. The dream sticks out so clearly in my head because I was riding Millennium Force before I even knew that Millennium Force existed, yet alone, what the layout was. I guess I was destined to be a coaster enthusiast (and Millie Fanboy!)

Last night I dreamed that I was riding Gatekeeper at Cedar Point but for some reason instead of riding in the coaster train I was riding it with my family's mini van on the tracks, and I was disappointed because I wanted the wing seats. And then I worked on recreating the experience in No Limits 2, and for some reason the onboard audio was Porky Means Business from EarthBound.

Last night and many nights before, i'm dreaming to be a team-member of the maintenance service crew of Toverland.

I used to hate big coasters. I'd ride small stuff at Disney, but anything with a big drop - not even a consideration for me.

One night I had a dream - well before I was an enthusiast, and I was on a yellow B&M invert dropping down the side of a snowy mountain.
In the dream it was a rare moment where I could feel the sensation of the fall - and I loved it.

Ever since that night I've been a roller coaster enthusiast. I rode Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney World finally (after chickening out so many times before) and that ride really cemented my love for roller coasters and also subsequently sparked my interest in music (I've been playing guitar over a decade and now also do vocals, bass, and drums).

And not to mention, I worked at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and now have a work-in-progress recreation of it on my computer.

To date I've worked at six roller coaster attractions (two being dual track, Dragon Challenge and Space Mountain WDW) and have worked at five non-coaster attractions. I have worked at four separate parks (IOA, USF, DHS, WDW MK).
And I've only been working attractions since 2017.

God only knows how many rides I've designed over the years first in Ultimate Ride Disney Coaster, then RCT3, then Nolimits, and now Nolimits 2 and Planet Coaster.
Add to that countless designs in numerous sketch books.

And to top it all off - I worked on a project with Universal Creative through a program at my university a few years back.

Yeah - ALL of that.... because of one dream.

It's amazing what a dream can do. One night I went to bed just a regular kid who was just kind of "meh" on roller coasters - next morning I was a die-hard coaster enthusiast driven to pursue ride design.

Then one night I had a dream of the DLRP Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Soundtracker launching under a canal bridge in Venice and my foot was caught in the seat as I was trying to climb out before it launched since I didn't have the restraint on. That happened too. ¯\ (ツ)/¯

Had a dream that Cedar Point was making a new Premier launch coaster, and they were testing it with people onboard before the layout was complete

For me it's a concept that stuck with me: A double-decker roller coaster! The top was a standard sit-down roller coaster and the bottom was an inverted coaster. I think that would be cool if made real. The station would be a neat thing.

So I was at silver dollar city which happens to be my home park. I was riding time traveler and after it dispatched and was half way out the station, the restraints released and I couldn't jump off for some weird reason but I was able to scream "stop the ride". The ride didn't stop and so when it went over the drop, I flew out of my seat and some how landed behind the drop on my back. I just sat there crying and then for some weird reason, the dream started from the beginning. That's it ig

Last night I had a dream I was riding Toro with Phantom's Revenge's trains and the pre-drop was in a parking lot. After the drop the first hill then turned into a magnum hill and it chopped off my legs. I then learned how to fly and i flew around... Cedar Point, except every ride there was Iron Gwazi. I then forgot how to fly and started falling which then put me on Griffon, except there was no pullout of the drop, it just when straight into the water. Once I reached the water I woke up. Meth is one hell of a drug.

Posted February 25, 2022· Edited February 25, 2022

Last night I dreamed I was riding Top Thrill Dragster (which for some reason was reopened after the accident) and the launch was a bit too weak to make it even over halfway or 2/3 up the top hat so we rolled back down and for some reason we continued on through the station which for some reason was a dual loading platform and then backward thru the turn into the loading area, and there was also a transfer track that was moved out of the way for some reason so we were heading toward the end of the track, which we flew over without hesitation like RCT and Planet Coaster, and somehow miraculously no one was injured.

in like september before i was going to ride i305 on oct 9th and 10th in 2021 I dreamed about riding i305 and i blacked out And lWent to twiisted timbers then to Top Thrill Dragster With A Chain Lift It Was AWSOME

Last night I dreamed that I was riding Colossus at Six Flags Magic Mountain, but it was halfway into its RMC conversion. The lift hill and first drop were wooden, but the first drop curved left and then right. There was a tall steel-tracked non-inverting corkscrew after the first turnaround. The former double-down and brakes was now a quintuple-down, but there was no airtime in it.

I had one last night where I was watching Thunder Run at KK cycle and right after the banked turn following the first drop it lost a wheel on the back car and partially derailed and when it came back to the station I could somehow overhear ppl in the station from where I was (I was somewhere in front of the banked turn), and they were indicating that one of the ppl in the derailed car had suffered a dislocated knee For some reason I took a picture of the missing wheel.

Last night I dreamed about Goliath at Six Flags Great America and for some reason the lift was a series of upward angled conveyor belts and instead of a regular coaster car I had the option of sitting in a cardboard box large enough for me to sit in and riding the coaster in that. Sometime before taking one of the box cars I had boarded one of the regular trains (the station was like TTD's station in that it had 2 loading areas with station gates and they would both dispatch) and I was in the behind station and for some reason the ride ops never checked my restraint and even after being dispatched I was completely unable to pull it down and then I think at one point the conveyors all reversed direction.

Soko posted on January 28th, 2023

Last night I dreamed about Goliath at Six Flags Great America and for some reason the lift was a series of upward angled conveyor belts and instead of a regular coaster car I had the option of sitting in a cardboard box large enough for me to sit in and riding the coaster in that. Sometime before taking one of the box cars I had boarded one of the regular trains (the station was like TTD's station in that it had 2 loading areas with station gates and they would both dispatch) and I was in the behind station and for some reason the ride ops never checked my restraint and even after being dispatched I was completely unable to pull it down and then I think at one point the conveyors all reversed direction.

soko_irl

The other day I dreamed we were at Kentucky Kingdom and the Roadrunner Express was still there but it was heavily renovated. For some reason it was now a flying coaster that swung like a suspended coaster (the cart looked more like the thing you lay down in on those ripcord attractions), and the track looked like Maurer spike coaster track but it still kept the wild mouse looking layout. At some point the seats detached from the bogies, causing us to fall from the ride and we landed in a patch of grass just before a tree and somehow we were completely uninjured. I thanked my lucky stars.

Last night I dreamed that I was riding Top Thrill 2 in the front but for some reason it had a roof over the seats, which ruined the views, and the front car was the only roofed car, and for some reason the restraint looked like a Frankenstein monster restraint, with it being the pull down lap bars but the bar itself being the top of the Intamin T-bar, and no matter how far I pulled it down I would never feel stapled. Also the backward launch somehow felt slow AF.

Last night I dreamed that Kentucky Kingdom had announced a B&M dive coaster. I don't remember the name at all nor did I really know where they were putting it, but I think the name sounded Cedar Fair-esque and it was similar in size to Rakshasa, and they were already starting to deliver track pieces (I think it was blue track).

1 to 25 of 26