Skip to content

Joe & Marvin's Project Thread

1 to 7 of 7

Hello everyone!

Recently, myself and another member of the community, Marvin, have collaborated on a number of coasters within No Limits, and we now feel that we have enough projects of a decent standard to warrant creating our own thread where we can showcase what we have been, and are currently, working on. I'll kick-start the thread with a few images and descriptions of our 3 current main projects.

Unnamed RMC

My aim for this ride was to create a relatively short and compact layout, that stayed true to the RMC style, using primarily geometric sections within FVD, something I had yet to properly experiment with before the creation of this ride. The layout took inspiration from a number of RMC's, but I think Untamed was certainly the biggest inspiration.

The ride features 2 inversions, as well as a multitude of extreme ejector airtime moments, a characteristic most RMC coasters are well renowned for.

However, the majority of the credit has to go to Marvin, who did an absolutely wonderful job with the ride's supports, all of which are 100% custom and really brought the coaster to life.

Currently, I'm working to finish off the ride with some scenery, which once completed should include a relatively basic custom station, pathways and a ride plaza.

Wanderfalke

Wanderfalke is a Mack multi-launch coaster that features a heavily terrain based layout. It is one of our older projects which some of you may recognise from a separate thread we created a while back.

Admittedly, this project has sat dormant for a while now. The track work, supports and scenery have all been practically finished for quite some time but the only thing holding it back from being fully completed is the lack of a station.

Originally, we had plans for a large station building which would complement the ride's loose high-tech industrial theme. However, this idea proved to be a little too ambitious for my relatively basic 3D modelling skills, and consequently I lost the motivation to finish the ride.

However, once the aforementioned RMC is fully complete, I do plan to go back and have a second attempt at producing a station for the ride, perhaps this time on a slightly smaller and more achievable scale.

Unnamed Intamin Blitz

The last of the 3 projects I'll be showcasing is an Intamin Blitz coaster, which originally had a very generic theme and surrounding area. Once again, I was responsible for the track work and layout, and Marvin put together all the supports for the coaster.

This was another coaster that didn't have much work done to it for quite a while, however, recently Marvin has took it upon himself to revive the project by completely reworking the surrounding area and creating a large volcano centrepiece with which the layout interacts with multiple times.

As for the layout itself, it draws inspiration from a number of real life Blitz coasters, and features several elements similar to ones found on iSpeed, Taron and Taiga.

Currently, we're only aiming to produce a night/dusk version for the ride.

However, this does of course mean that there will be plenty of opportunities for the lighting of the ride and volcanic structure, so hopefully the end result will be a very atmospheric and visually impressive coaster!

Marvin is the one doing all the work on this project currently, so I'm sure he'll be using this thread to post updates for the ride as often as he can.

So that's all we have going on currently! Thanks for checking out the thread and let us know what you think. :)

I must say those coasters all look super photogenic! Looking forward to seeing some footage of the actual ride experience. I'd say keep it up!

I sure do wish the official RMC update would release or TheCodeMaster would release his rmc support generator. I am not sure which would come first.

Posted October 5, 2020· Edited October 5, 2020
blowing the dust away

Well hello!

It's finally time to say hello to...

Wanderfalke a Mack Rides Multi Launch Coaster

After 2 years we can say Wanderfalke is almost done, and ready to be set free. Take a flight over 1890m/6200ft of track while rushing trough the woods and close to obstacles.

Take a look at the flight you are about to hop on THIS MONTH

Some might say the upcoming weekend!

click on the pic for bigger version

Regards Marv

1 to 7 of 7