NLR2 and telemetry output
NL2 outputs orientation, speed, and forces. Different motion sims make use of this data in different ways. Some look at the pitch and roll and yaw and try to match the angle. Others like Talon Simulations are reading the forces to tilt the seat to simulate the forces acting on the rider rather than the angle of the train.
-Ride_Op
ok thanks for coming back to me.
I have pitch and roll on my 2 DOF set well, I can upgrade to a 3 DOF easy enough and bring in Yaw (which I think will be felt and decent).
What I really need is surge which I think without going crazy expensive is not going to happen!
I use DOF Reality seat mover currently.
Ride_Op posted on June 12th, 2019
NL2 outputs orientation, speed, and forces. Different motion sims make use of this data in different ways. Some look at the pitch and roll and yaw and try to match the angle. Others like Talon Simulations are reading the forces to tilt the seat to simulate the forces acting on the rider rather than the angle of the train.
-Ride_Op
I know this is an old post, but I have a quick question about it. Are the orientation, speed and force values output by the telemetry server from the camera's frame of reference or the train's? Thanks!

Evening all,
I have a 2 DOF motion platform (seat move) set to pitch and roll.
Does NLR2 output other degrees of freedom data and if so which ones?
I am looking to upgrade my rig and want to make sure I can actually use additional motion outputs.
Forgive me i'm pretty uneducated in this area and would appreciate some help!