Skip to content

Stolen NL2 Rides

1 to 10 of 10

While browsing through youtube I stumbled across this 360 VR Channel that's been recording videos of peoples projects in NL2 and uploading them with 0 credit whatsoever. I wouldn't normally mind too much about this, however this channel in particular has gained an insane amount of traction through this, while the creators of the rides are just not even remotely acknowledged in the slightest

The channel in question

I'm not really too sure what to do about this, I find it incredibly scummy that they are using other peoples work to gain this insane following while the actual creators of the ride get 0 recognition at all

I have looked at the copyright form, but its a tad difficult to find the right sort of category to file an NL2 project under

I think in this case it is totally legal what the channel does and no copyright infringement is done by filming coaster files that are available for the public through steam.

Posted January 17, 2019· Edited January 17, 2019

Fair use is defined as transformative work, such as commentary. Basically the person has to add something to the original or change it in some way. Simply recording 360 videos and uploading them does not fall under that category, especially in scenarios like Coasterguy's where he has already uploaded his own 360 video. So JackSepticEye reacting to a bunch of rides is fair use, but someone uploading just videos of the ride without permission is not.

While it sucks, the only way you can get YouTube to pull down the video is if you show you made the same video already. If that guy makes a video from your freely available download first, he wins, as YouTube can't tell that you made the coaster and uploaded it first. So while it's all kinds of unethical, making a video of your coaster is the original video work, and he's in the clear unless you already posted that same video yourself. Then you can get YouTube to knock it down.

-Ride_Op

1 to 10 of 10