Infinity - Mack Mega Coaster [RLRides Projects]
Managed to get this beast into the sim and get it running like a dream, really happy with the layout now. Time to get onto the fun stuff.


That look fantastic! Any chance of a POV soon?
CG Coasters posted on October 29th, 2018
That look fantastic! Any chance of a POV soon?
When it's more complete

I've named the ride Ouroboros, still working on the logo, but it's a symbol of infinity and eternal life. Usually displayed as a figure 8, a shape that is used alot in this layout.




Good god it’s beautiful
I've always loved your very clean update posts and great layouts, good to see you back! That ride looks really beautiful!
Slow progress but been playing with the supports. God knows how I used to have enough time to do these rides. Still riding well though, if anyone can help with a station deisgn let me know.


This is shaping up very nicely, keep up the good work!
I will help you with a station.
Jetcoasterfan posted on February 25th, 2019
I will help you with a station.
Thank you! But my long time collaborator has jumped on for another RLRides + Crazycoaster Design project! Whoop! Was stuck in a rut abit in getting this ride to a finished level, but Andre has helped focus all the ideas I've had and started creating the environment for it to sit in. I'm still working on the branding and stuff but FINALLY it's starting to come together. I swear this is the hardest project I've done so far in terms of brain power, maybe I'm just getting old.

Here's a preview For you of the station building and pathways. It has no textures at the moment but Andre's already done such a fantastic job. Watch this space for a final name and videos.

That looks stunning!
I love the look of the station.
For anyone wanting to see some of it in Motion here you go!
This is making me emotional
Things are slowly falling into place thanks to Andre <3. Hopefully I will release this in the summer. But for now.

More supporting, and a new viewing path that passes under the ride

Happy to say that supports are pretty much complete...

Here's an update on some of the area, theres a sondtrack now and it's coming close to being complete =)

Area pathway under the launches.

Some of the indoor queueline

Outdoor queue extension

Final brakes above the ride entrance plaza.
Love the creative 3D work for the queue.
Very nice stuff here guys, kudos to the both of you
The Evolution of Infinity in FVD
I just wrote up a quick article on the design process of the layout of infinity. I hope it gives bit of an insight into the my thinking.
Great article on designing the track layout! It’s good to show some of the more novice builders how much thought, time, and effort go into making really good layouts. Folks who design great rides don’t come up with the designs in a day or a week, but rather over several weeks or months with lots of failed iterations getting a little better (usually) each time. I’ve always been inclined to post a screenshot of FVD++ with all the iterations of a ride along with the final product. Like with this, you can see how early iterations contain some cool spots with a lot of bad features. Then the bad features slowly get reworked in subsequent iterations until an awesome final layout is produced. Great job on this!
Struggling to upload this? It just says there is a problem.
Meantime...
Here's a POV
Oh my god, it's incredible. Also. THE QUEUE IS AMAZING AND IDK I JUST LOVE IT.
Thats incredibly hot. Such a nonstop flow with some great elements, damn good job guys!
Such a great coaster! Could you please tell us the name of the soundtrack used for the area? It really builds up the atmosphere!
^ The first track is called Seventh Seal by Bob Bradly on Audio Network... can't remember the name of the second track!
https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/seventh-seal_155824?keyword=seventh
You can listen to the full soundtrack here


I've been away a while and my old computer is in the skip and I'm trying to work around my work computer and my dying laptop. But it's good to be designing again.
I've been travelling a lot and been jotting layouts down for a multi launch after being blown away by Helix and Aaron (and Icon .. kinda). I wanted to create a multi-launch coaster that was compact but manages to contain the speed and air-time of a hyper, inversions of a modern multi looper all well sitting beautifully in the skyline. All the elements intertwine with each other from the first and second half with each element framing another (well thats the idea anyway)
It's taken a long time to get the balance of elements right, the pacing and collision issues sorted but I think I finally have something that is resembling a finished layout! So here's a picture of the FVD++ (I'm new to this) file. I do have a terrain to add and some tweaking to do, but it's riding well.
The project name comes from the fact from various angles the shape of a lemniscate, the symbol for infinity. And a lot of the ideas so far are branching from this. I'll reveal more later on.