Skip to content

Ride removals that you (will) miss or made you say "good riddance"

1 to 25 of 27

Firehawk-this might be an unpopular opinion but I think I will miss Firehawk, tho I'm sure this will be mitigated by what they end up replacing it with.

Chang-The only one out of this list that legitimately made me mad but I've since pretty much gotten over it

Every ride at Geauga Lake

Pretty much any log flume ride or wooden roller coaster (that isn't Son of Beast and hasn't gotten RMC'd) that gets removed. Yes, this includes the other side of Twisted Twins as well.

Posted October 1, 2018· Edited October 1, 2018

It looks like Lakemont is getting rid of their 1963 Chance Toboggan, and I'm pretty bummed about it despite having only ridden it twice three(?) years ago, and despite living nearly 8 hours away in Canada.

Also, allow me to second Firehawk, my only flyer to date. From what I remember, it had good forces, and some truly weird-feeling moments (vertical loop, I'm looking at you).

Chiller is really the only one for me. Rode many times, including the day before it crashed, once, in the front row. It wasn't the same when it reopened without the rolls. I only rode it once in that configuration, then it closed for good soon after. Absolutely loved the power of the ride especially going through that cobra roll at breakneck speed, with high (but not too high) forces, dodging a sea of supports. Then the roll had a great pause in the middle, one that I think probably influenced me designing a "0G stall" into one of my NL rides many years ago. Doing it again backwards was a bonus, and especially the roll was cool backwards because of the anticipation while going backwards on that flat 45* incline. Next thing you knew, you were upside down. The change to lapbars made the ride so much better too. sigh

^^ Just go to Grona Lund and ride Jetline, same thing but with cool interactions with other rides. Knightmare is a shell of what it was without the mountain that it had as BMRX.

I was really gutted about Wild Mouses removal from Blackpool, not only was it one of the only ones of it's type, it was actually unique, as it had an extra layer of track built compared to the other examples. This meant that it had a big first drop unlike the other examples, and the famous head chopper on the lift.

It's hard for me to miss Arrow coasters, but I was sad when Shockwave (SFGAm) was removed, especially for how short and gimmicky Superman UF is as a replacement (pretzel loop is great, though).
I'm already missing Firehawk. I thought it was one of the cool gems at KI. Might try to make it this month to ride it one more time. As well as all the other fun rides at KI..

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I was sad to see GASM go at SF Great Adventure. They aren't very comfortable, but there's something really cool about the old Arrow loopers to me. Plus, it was so imposing right by the parking lot.

As for the good riddance category, Psyclone at SFMM. That ride was horrible. It was my first "big boy" roller coaster and almost ruined them for me. Glad I tried riding a few more before giving up on roller coasters!

Posted October 10, 2018· Edited October 10, 2018

^ I've never ridden a stand-up, but they always seemed so interesting to me, Mantis was my favorite looking ride when I first got into rollercoasters.

The Log Jammer at Kennywood, this ride really terrified me as a kid, but since Kennywood is my home park, I slowly warmed up to it and in the end would ride it at least once every trip to the park. Steel Curtain looks like it'll ride great (not a fan of the theme, however) but I will miss our log flume a lot

I was honestly quite upset when Georgia Cyclone closed at it was a really fun and good ride. Twisted Cyclone is obviously better, but I'll still miss the original.

After I finally rode Eurosat Can Can (2.0) now, this is nowhere close to the experience of Eurosat. Therefore I miss this already.

Although the layout is great for the restricted possibilities this does not help to overcome the lack of atmosphere inside the sphere (It now turned to the opposite of the Flying Dutchman which has a very crappy layout but conviced with the overall very effective atmosphere). Ironically, the waiting area and surroundings are absolutely great in my opinion. I hope the rumors that the ride theming itself is far from finished are correct.

The ride I miss the most is Riptide which used to be at Knotts Berry Farm (in my profile picture); oddly enough it was my favorite ride there, and while it was down I really wanted them to re-open it. Sadly that never happened; now it’s gone and I never even got to say goodbye to it. RIPTide...

1 to 25 of 27