Skip to content

Boomer's Construction Thread

1 to 20 of 20

Slow Start

I've been meaning to do something like this for a while but just really got back from a long trip and I'm wanting to use No Limits and Planet Coaster as much as I can while I have spare time this summer and into the year so here we go.


Alpine Ridges Park

This is a park that started with wanting to make an Arrow Looper inspired by Tennessee Tornado and decided to make some more rides around it. I also did some scenery work, evidently support scenery because I have never sat down and tried to pick up 3D Modeling. So far the park has "Tyrolean Twister," (the aforementioned Tennessee inspiration, with a large drop of 140 ft, max speed of 64.5 mph, and two inversions), Seeker (A late '90s B&M Invert featuring a 127 ft first drop, max speed of 61 mph, and 6 standard B&M inversions), and an unnamed CCI inspired terrain hugging woodie with a top speed of 48.5 mph and heavy interaction with Tyrolean Twister.

Tyrolean Twister

Seeker

Woodie

The park is nowhere near done but I'm planning to add maybe 3 or 4 more coasters and make it look much more like a complete park as it progresses. Let me know what you guys think and (what could be improved, what looks good) and I'll try to stay updated as much as possible. Also sorry about the audio in the videos, I have to record slower in the simulator and speed up the video later because my computer doesn't run the game too quickly, I'm looking into it.

Thanks guys and I'll be back with an update soon enough!
-Boomer

Yea I see what you mean I kinda ran out of stuff to throw in there I was kinda trying to shoehorn it in to a small area and not move the terrain too much. I'm not really sure what to do to really make it more interesting.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but every time I try to use the ingame video capture, it only records audio and I cant watch the video taken. Am I doing something wrong?

It depends on the age of the coaster. If you're going for a newer ride, I think the lighter shade of wood works better. The darker wood makes the ride feel more aged. In my opinion though, I think the lighter shade looks better overall.

TrailBlazer

This is something I've been working on for I don't know how long, at least a year. I endeavored to make a GCI with a believable layout and shaping, and I'm pretty happy with the result. It is heavily inspired from and based off of Wood Coaster at Knight Valley. Of course, it is nowhere near perfect: the hills aren't as snappy as I would've loved them to be, the pacing is a little quicker than it should be (it zooms through a lot of the layout) and the ride could've had just a little more work put into it, but it is the most complete project I have really ever put out, and with a little help from n7's foliage, it looks much more appealing.


The very busy lift hill...

The view from the edge...

My favorite angle...

When the sun goes down...

And the lights come up...


Let me know what you guys think, I'm overall pretty happy with this project, and with only a few tweaks it'll be all ready for you guys to download and search for what i missed!

Posted July 10, 2019· Edited July 12, 2019

Before I show off what I've been working on in the previous post (wink) I'll just show a few glamour shots of my latest and quickest project, Stingray:

1 to 20 of 20