Roller Coasters and their creativity!
Does 'rip-off RMC' mean 'Golden Horse's take on RMC'? I believe that RMC has the means to make a vertical loop if they wanted to.
Soko posted on June 6th, 2018
Does 'rip-off RMC' mean 'Golden Horse's take on RMC'? I believe that RMC has the means to make a vertical loop if they wanted to.
Yes, I also think it's possible and would like a looping in an RMC.
"The term was used in a negative way, as if it were a false RMC, anyway haha
It has been documented that Alan Schilke doesn't like vertical loops and wouldn't design a layout with one. So, while possible, it won't actually happen.
^ cough Tennessee Tornado.
If a client wants a vertical loop, Alan will deliver. The only obstacle about doing that on a RMC is the lack of headrest, mandatory for doing such a figure... but Lightning Rod has it, so.
I utterly agree with your first post maiconcosta. Keep the creativity flowing! Sometimes, critizisms are made because there's a reason why in real life coasters do this and don't do that. But sometimes, people only seem to be close-minded.
For instance, it's funny that we now see wings with a turn before the twisted drop, but before Fenix people would have gone mad. Truth is manufacturers don't have a bible of "xxx doesn't do that".
KingRCT3 posted on June 7th, 2018
For instance, it's funny that we now see wings with a turn before the twisted drop, but before Fenix people would have gone mad.
Funny, I had started on one (still unfinished) before that was shown.
Why would a headrest be "mandatory" if Goliath SFGAm effectively has half a vertical loop and a normal train? There are coasters in existance with a loop and no headrest anyways. Galaxy Express 999 for example.
Mandatory maybe not, but I mean every but one coaster on the planet have/had headrest with its looping. And Galaxy Express was weird anyway.
As for Goliath, I was the first to be surprised. But maybe the exit of a loop is less intense on the head than the entrance? If Goliath had an immelman instead of a dive loop, maybe a headrest would have been called for.
KingRCT3 posted on June 7th, 2018
And Galaxy Express was weird anyway.
Is that a powered coaster? I don't see a launch anywhere unless it's on a curved track.
Is that really the only one? I just googled figuring something would pop up and that one did.
It just seems weird when you have rides with no headrests that have heavy positives, now suddenly reducing that force and continuing into a loop means you need headrests? I can't see the up side of a loop being such an issue when we know the down side is fine as shown by Goliath. shrugs
I found that Revolution opened without headrest:

But I don't have any other exemple in mind.
I wouldn't say entering a loop is to reduce the force. I'd say it's this part that is, especially on older loops, more prone to give whiplashes:
The part that "forces you" to go upside-down. Hence why, perhaps, valleys are not concerned.
As for the up side vs. the down side, I'm just speculating there. It might be in relation to jerks.
Yeah that was the issue on Arrows in particular...though it was also the point where my head would be forced forward, not backwards. I guess if there was no headrest you could theoretically have your head back a bit too far, then the force pushes it back further particularly with the jerk there.
But on a modern loop? Easy to design without that issue and without any whip over the top like you might find on a modern but snappy loop like say Great Bear. Shape/pace/size it like Full Throttle or Dominator and I'd imagine it should be fine.
I particularly find it a beautiful an looping, aesthetically speaking, it does look beautiful on the roller coaster, and I think when it's bigger and oval the experience better because it avoids certain frictions as you're saying, as is the case of the Full Throttle looping, which is tall and well oval, avoiding certain negative and uncomfortable forces, I certainly think this is one of the reasons for not doing more Vekoma Looping Corkscrew due to its tight looping, and since most have trains with many wagons, the latter must be much more uncomfortable, but still really not being of the vekoma I think the Viper one of the roller coasters more beautiful to be seen, it gives a perfect air to the park due to its location. I really like the classic roller coasters, even some having criticism for being uncomfortable.


Regarding the loops and headrest, I would bet that ASTM, EN or other standards have stated that if certain gs are induced in a ride - in this case forwards/backwards - it needs additional head support aka headrest.
Look up ASTM F2291-2006 and EN 13814 if you haven't already. They are long but very good reads!

Today I launched a roller coaster RMC, Twisted Impact, and as I always imagined in real life, I put a looping to the model, and came to criticize me that it was a "rip off RMC", that RMC's has no looping, and I have had similar criticisms in other roller coasters that I published, and in that I keep asking myself why NL2 exists, I think it is precisely to use the imagination, creating our versions of something we would like to improve or something new, from scratch, picking up elements maybe already used in real life and improve them, insert new elements, and this is the NL2 for me, use my creativity to do something possible based on my imagination, because it's something I use for life, if I want something that it is possible and feasible, just do it, and if it is fun in case of roller coasters it will be super welcome, just try to make it as if it could exist in real life, and that should be the basis of criticism in my humble opinion, If this has already been done in real life, then already been done lol, so what would be the fun of doing them again in NL2?
"If it was not intended to make an recreation, obvious!
Because until Steel Vengeance is announced we never imagined a hybrid hypercoaster RMC, and that's how the Son of Beast made history, being the first Wooden HyperCoaster in the world and the second with an inversion, it's a matter of keeping an open mind. What do you think about it?