Busch Gardens Williamsburg Recreations
That's really cool. I used to enjoy that ride when I was younger. Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to the rest.
Nice job on this!
Wow, awesome! Did you use any tools to build this or do you build by hand? I can't wait until these are on the exchange.
This is a work of art. So excited to see this for myself.
Outstanding work! I love the peek at Alpengeist and Loch Ness Monster in the background too.
Thanks all!
^^^ I exported the terrain data and satellite view into an object from Sketchup and then handbuilt over top of that.
What an excellent recreation!
Up next is Loch Ness Monster.




^ Wow thats really really good work! This is turning out to be one of my favourite nl2 projects.
Such a good job! I'm really enjoying it... BGW is one of the most beautiful parks on earth and you're recreating it perfectly... I know you're doing the coasters and near areas rn, but I hope it will expand to the whole park!
Wow this is looking so good!
Can you ride the sky ride?
^ Yup, it's fully rideable. It uses a slightly modified version of the Doombuggy script by Yedrimas.
^^^ I've considered it but I have another big project that I'm really eager to get started on so I don't think I'd ever get around to doing the whole park. If I did, I'd probably chip away at it over a long period of time. That said, it's very likely that I'll be doing a recreation of the Aquitaine and New France sections of the park for the next part of this project, but I'm not sure how big of a radius around it I'll be doing.
I don't know how I missed this, but holy crap. This is great! Attention to detail and the surrounding environment is impressively well-done. Nice work!
Thanks everyone for the feedback!
The next recreation is Alpengeist, the third and final coaster I worked on. The log flume LeScoot is the final recreation of the set and should be uploaded next week along with the park file (hopefully), just a few finishing touches left.




Very nice! I remember that Alpengeist video. It on a DVD I own... America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills - The Ultimate Scream Machines
^ If it wasn't for all of those old DVDs and tv specials about coasters, I probably wouldn't be here. They're definitely what got me hooked in the first place.
Thanks again all for the feedback! This ended up getting a lot more traction than I expected. I'm still considering turning this into a full park recreation, but for now I'll be taking a break and moving on to another (bigger) project. So for now, the final recreation is the log flume Le Scoot.



Full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv-FBOsSZjxyK8naHowojL41s61qNwVfq
Park download: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1386206264
It's worth noting that this park isn't optimized at all. This is the version I used for filming and taking pictures so there are trees everywhere, meaning performance will take a hit. I was in the process of making an optimized version but Sketchup gave up on me for some reason and I haven't had a chance to fix it, so the optimized version is on hold for now. The package isn't password protected so feel free to poke around inside and add whatever you want.
Do the Le Scoot ride use a script to attach the logs to the coaster cars? I am trying to use the log cars on my jet coaster.
EDIT.

I got one of the logs to attach to the first car but none of the rest of the logs will attach. Can the logs be made into a jetcoaster train?
Would the park be available for download outside of steam? Such as CoasterCrazy.com or nolimitscentral.com? It amazes me that even after not visiting the park since 1998, you've made excellent recreations of these rides. Good luck on future projects!
^^ It uses a script from CCC2 so the process should be the same as most other custom cars
^ Whoops, forgot about that. Park is now uploaded on my profile!
I'm most curious how you solved the issue of the water in the flume clipping through and being visible in the bottom of the log?
-Ride_Op
Clever use of the right *.nl2mat file and settings
I didn't even realize that would be an issue until I was mostly done with the boats and happened to look down while I was riding. I did try messing around with the materials to see if I could hide it but didn't have any luck. In the end I just let it be because the water only clipped through the bottom 2 or 3 inches of the floor of the boat, and the log flume I used to work on always had flooded boats so in that regard it was slightly realistic lol

A while ago I started working on a new project which was a custom coaster built within Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Originally I only had skeleton layouts of the surrounding coasters, but over time I decided to start building them up into proper recreations because I was annoyed with seeing half finished coasters in the background. This isn't a full park recreation but it focuses on a few of the park's bigger rides and their surrounding theming and landscaping. I'll be uploading a new video every week as I put together the finishing touches on all of the rides, and the park will be put up for download soon after.
First up is Big Bad Wolf.