MAD MAX Coaster Contest
Working on the template, too. Tried to integrate the pond on the left hand side. Just got some small problems with newton in getting the elements out smoothly. So if I can motivate me a bit more, maybe it will be finished within the time limit.



I am currently in a no-nolimits (lol) phase, so I won't enter afterall, despite initially getting really excited about the contest. Still interested to see who will be the one though. Really unique creations so far, I like.
Probably bit late but I still want to share an FVD++ template in case anybody is still in need for that:

^^delete roll points in NL after exporting if you're getting tremors in the track.
Kadske posted on April 3rd, 2018
^^delete roll points in NL after exporting if you're getting tremors in the track.
Thank you, that was the solution to my problem!
I've just returned back to the US from a study abroad, so I'm a little bit behind. Nevertheless, why not show off what I have


The track is red right now so that I can see it better from Top view. After I finish with the layout, it will be a nice sandy color. I focused more on speed and curves, with some big airtime moments scattered throughout for variation. The plan is to have it done on Friday, since I cannot work on it over the weekend
The part after the first drop with the overbank looks intense!
I really dig that layout @Kryptos. Super unique haha.
I finally managed to finish it, too.
It is currently 2:32AM and I'm out of town at a convention, but here it is:
Showing off a bit more of what I added, which is an overbank, an inversion, an S-curve, and a bunny hop

Despite what I said about the lift earlier, I have to admit it was a good choice on your part

I really like how the transfer track fits snugly into this pocket

Some Design Notes: The support color is a blueish-chrome, which both ties into the movie and mimics Skyrush in a post-apocalyptic way. The supports are more modeled after Flying Aces (especially the lift) and newer models that use the modern spine. I probably will overhaul the supports after this weekend and add details, but as of right now they still work and pass clearance for a 4-abreast train (to the best of my knowledge). Layout-wise, I wanted it's personality to not overlap much with both Superman and DC Rivals. The solution I came up with is to focus more on laterals and keeping speed, more like an Intamin Blitz than a hyper. Hence, a lot of elements I used were inspired from iSpeed and Maverick. That being said, I wanted to also direct the elements so that they form a sort of "Out and Back" layout the older hypers have (mainly Walibi's Goliath), which is more aesthetically pleasing IMO than the spaghetti bowls some of their newer coasters use (I305 and Flying Aces).
Sorry everyone for the long post, I just really enjoyed creating this layout for such a unique situation. Good luck to all who've entered; the ones posted here look fantastic and I'm sure that ones who haven't been unveiled are just as great!
Hey everyone,
I'm loving the submissions so far! I just wanted to get specific with details of the deadline. I've decided to extend the deadline until Monday night (the 16th) at 11:59, Eastern Standard Time, to allow everyone to add any finishing touches that they want. I'll look over the submissions on Tuesday morning and announce a winner either that afternoon or Wednesday.
Hopefully sometime around then I'll have a full, textured Sketchup model that everyone can use!
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions! :)
so far i noticed one thing with all layouts. you guys forgot that it will have winged trains so the transitions are way too snappy. the g´s on the outer seats would be way too high
Well, I didn't had time to work on my entry (shcool work) but if you need anything about texturing problems in NoLimits 2, just PM me.
^^I've tested everything with 4-seater trains and the g's were good, also on the outer seats. The catwalks and tunnels on my entry are not those of the Rocket Coaster Style, but of a 4-seater style
pifpoefpaf123 posted on April 15th, 2018
^^I've tested everything with 4-seater trains and the g's were good, also on the outer seats. The catwalks and tunnels on my entry are not those of the Rocket Coaster Style, but of a 4-seater style
Same here.
Hey everyone! Before I announce a winner of the contest, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated. A month ago I was really nervous that no one would be willing to help with the project. However, the support that you all have given has been great! Of course I owe a huge thank you to everyone who submitted layouts, I honestly would've been totally cool featuring any of the submissions but unfortunately, only one can win.
The winner of the MAD MAX coaster contest is... Kryptos!
Again, a huge thank you to everyone who participated, I am so grateful for everyone's words of encouragement throughout the course of the project!

Finally finished the coaster