Skip to content

Coaster Build Request

1 to 12 of 12

Hi Everyone!
I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is how this sort of thing is done but I'll give it a shot.
My name is Trent Burton, I'm a senior Industrial Design major at the International Center for Creativity in Columbus, Ohio. I'm currently in the middle of my senior capstone project and I need someone's help.
For the project, I am creating a station, queue line, trains, a pavilion, and just general theming for a MAD MAX: FURY ROAD themed roller coaster. I'd like to have a roller coaster to show people along with all these parts. The only problem is that I don't own NoLimits or know how to use it. I was hoping that one of you would be willing to work with me to create a NoLimits track. It would be fairly simple, I just don't have the expertise or time to do it myself. I do have a basic layout in mind and I would need it by April 20th.

I do have a website up with more details about the project:
https://trentburton9.wixsite.com/capstonecoaster

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Trent

Posted March 20, 2018· Edited March 20, 2018

I'm also an Industrial Design student (in Chicago). I'd love to help, it could help my portfolio a bit, too.
Send me an email with some details of what you want. I looked at the page and sketchup screenshots you have. I haven't used sketchup in a long time, so I won't be too much help there. I currently use Fusion 360 and Rhino5.

contact:
kgadaw2@uic.edu

Hi Trent, I'm also an Industrial Design student (in France). I'm looking for experiences in the theme park industry and so, your opportunity is worth to apply. I love the challenge of building a roller coaster in a defined area. I use FVD++, NoLimits2, Sketchup and Solidworks to design roller coasters. You can PM me if you are interrested.

Crazy idea here: What if you make this a contest? You could import your Sketchup work into a park file as a template and have the whole community work with it by submitting layouts by a certain date (say April 15th). You can put as many constraints you want in the contest to fit your previous work (like making it an Intamin hyper like your website suggests) and choose the one that best fits your vision. You can then work with the winner on making improvements and adjustments as you add details to the in-ride scenery.

That being said, are you sure you're 100% sold on the Intamin hyper style? An Intamin blitz would fit Mad Max better thematically (especially with the idea of driving through various canyons and staying low to the ground) and works better with the lineup of WB Movie World, since they just installed DC Rivals. The 8-car station you made could also fit a dual-load station like Maverick, and a 4-across blitz would be fun to work with. You could even add a second launch and make a mobius layout that races.

Posted March 20, 2018· Edited March 20, 2018

I think the contest is a great idea - it would let many people crate layouts and you can choose the best layout for your vision. Just look at Seaside Screamer III - there were 17 extremely high quality entries to that contest alone.

I’m Leo and I’ve been using NL2 to design my coasters for a few years now, and I love creating coasters in certain areas and terrain. I would be more than willing to help with a layout for your ride, however I have no experience with 3D modeling.

You can PM me if I could be of any help to you.

I think a contest sounds like a great idea! I’ll post some rules later today. Is there usually a prize that the winner recieves, aside from having your coaster presented to a whole bunch of people?

Kryptos, I chose the Intamin Wing Style because I wanted riders to feel like they were hanging off the edge and riding on top of a car. The layout itself could totally be launched or a mobius. Unfortunately its too late in the process to change the train type.

Thanks everyone, I’m really excited to see what y’all come up with!
-t

Do you know how to put your sketchup models into an NL2 Template? If so you would do that and contact the moderators to hold a contest.

This won't be an official NLC contest, but feel free to sort of run it as one, i.e. feel free to have restrictions for what you want, a template, a start and finish date, etc. There will be another contest coming soon so look forward to that!

Since the coaster style can't be changed any more, do you have any Intamin Wing Coaster Custom Cars available to install on the track?

Alright, I've posted all the contest details here. Thanks to everyone for your help with the project!

I do have a 3D model of the trains however, its a Solidworks model, I'm not sure if its what is needed for installation for the track. You all don't necessarily need to add Wing Rider trains for me, all I need is a POV and a few shots of the track.

1 to 12 of 12