I've decided to do something a bit different with my latest ride Apollo and that is to make a couple "behind the scenes" videos that show a bit under the hood of how the ride came together and works. For those that live under a rock (or have a life other than NL2), Apollo is a custom Intamin multi-launch coaster themed around the NASA Apollo missions of the 1960's and 1970's. It was revealed as a featured video in the NL2 Roundup 500 contest (which you can watch that video here). I started work on Apollo in the late summer of 2021. I decided to start my behind the scenes video with a recap on how the track layout came together. When I design a ride, I tend to design the track layout and block out the forms of nearby scenery to get a sense of how the ride will look when finished. The video below goes over how I tried different things which eventually evolved into the final layout featured in the released ride. I've seen several times that folks ask the NL2 community how others come up with the ride layouts. I hope that folks enjoy a bit of a peek into my design process for track layouts.
And if you haven't downloaded the ride yet, you should! You can get it from the NLC Exchange or the Steam Workshop.
Stay tuned for the next behind the scenes video for Apollo which will be about all the scripting that goes on under the surface. Also, I'm hoping to release a standalone version of the unique free-spinning S&S Shot Tower in the coming weeks for folks to include in their own parks!
I've decided to do something a bit different with my latest ride Apollo and that is to make a couple "behind the scenes" videos that show a bit under the hood of how the ride came together and works. For those that live under a rock (or have a life other than NL2), Apollo is a custom Intamin multi-launch coaster themed around the NASA Apollo missions of the 1960's and 1970's. It was revealed as a featured video in the NL2 Roundup 500 contest (which you can watch that video here). I started work on Apollo in the late summer of 2021. I decided to start my behind the scenes video with a recap on how the track layout came together. When I design a ride, I tend to design the track layout and block out the forms of nearby scenery to get a sense of how the ride will look when finished. The video below goes over how I tried different things which eventually evolved into the final layout featured in the released ride. I've seen several times that folks ask the NL2 community how others come up with the ride layouts. I hope that folks enjoy a bit of a peek into my design process for track layouts.
And if you haven't downloaded the ride yet, you should! You can get it from the NLC Exchange or the Steam Workshop.
Stay tuned for the next behind the scenes video for Apollo which will be about all the scripting that goes on under the surface. Also, I'm hoping to release a standalone version of the unique free-spinning S&S Shot Tower in the coming weeks for folks to include in their own parks!