Kadske's Build Thread
I had to adjust the ending of the B&M. It failed the estop test. Here's the new result:
That's a pretty forceful and twisty B&M. If you had used the Intamin track style I wouldn't have batted an eye. Not a criticism though, the glory of using a coaster simulator is in the ability to make fantasies come to life!
One nitpick I have is the set of friction wheels in the middle of the curve out of the station. It would be much better if the train could make its way to the pre-lift via gravity alone, without any assistance.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm just realizing now that the roll rates are quite a bit faster than fury's. I predominantly FVD'd intamin track for a long time, so I guess it still shows.
It can make it to the lift with no transport assist. I added the transport just as a fail-safe and to increase speed. I set the pitch of the track to -3* so it'll roll over, just slowly.
Just to log my work in one spot; also started work on this (as posted in the what did you just do thread)
Just an update. Here's the POV with no trimming, running the intended speed through the track. Also, some support work out of the way as well as beginning of the simple environment.
Funky concept! How long are the trains? And it's hard to tell from a POV but some of the shaping seemed a little tight for the style of trains. Might just be the angle in the POV though.
Only 3 cars per train, running 4 trains pretty quickly. I figured load times would be fast with only 3 cars.
I assume you're talking about the angled immelman and finale element. I was a bit concerned, but Gs check out nicely. It's more reminiscent of older B&M design with those elements, but with tiny trains and moving through a bit slower, it's not so bad. I'm still wishy-washy about those two elements, though.
I'm going to be honest, and say I don't really see the point of this. It's a cool and interesting concept, sure, but there isn't really anything in that layout a dive coaster couldn't do. The seating of wing and dive coasters is pretty similar anyway so I doubt you'd even feel much of a difference irl.
It would be a weird and out of the ordinary dive layout, definitely, but I gather realism isn't exactly what you're going for.
Don't take this as a "You can't do that because it's unrealistic" because that's not what I'm saying whatsoever, it's called No Limits for a reason so do whatever you would like, but I think to make it unique to a wing coaster as such it needs elements that wing coasters are capable of that dives are not (see: FDD's demonic knot)
Thanks for the honest feedback. I hadn't even looked closely at FDD, which looks amazing. I think the dive section would be more exciting with wing trains, being more exposed and free, but, especially after following the layout of FDD, I agree on all other aspects. I was modeling this with more of Thunderbird's build in mind. I'm gunna take another wack at this, with a more interesting/exciting layout. I'll probably finish this anyway since it's nearly supported.
Here's the wing'n'dive mostly complete:
Here's the new wing-launcher I'm finishing up trackwork on:
P.S.
I fixed the "pump" in the normal G transition in the finale since I posted the POV (for anyone paying closer attention to the trackwork itself). Replaced with a warped plateau/sinusoidal transition very similar in shaping, but much smoother visibly and on ride. I also slightly reworked the entry to the slow-roll/long 0g roll (whatever it's technically called) to be slightly less sharp.
Not to bump, but here's the most recent track update. No new changes (beyond what layout tweaks I've shown in other threads), just finalized some rolls, fixed some import errors and adjusted colors:
i really like the launched one , but the final part after the 0g is to long, i would try to go without the change in direction. also for your dive concept i wouldnt go for the complete stop. i would do it like the big dive coasters on the second dive. just brake down to a very low speed and let it go. the complete stops feels wrong to me
I'm adjusting the finale now. I'm adding in a LCBR, adjusting layout, and fixing some shaping issues near the end.

Your shaping is good and the track is reaaally smooth but the lats in that zero-g roll get a pretty extreme. I guess it's too late to go back and change it now? If it isn't, maybe try slowing the roll speed and making it a bit flatter. By that I mean less "pointy" at the top (you might have to sacrifice having truly 0 positive g's but it might reduce laterals).
which 0g were you talking about? Here's POV of the adjusted layout:
I was referring to the one at 1:08 in the POV with the red track. Looked like lats got to 1.8 or 1.9. But i just watched the updated layout and it looks great!

Hello, all. I'm a long-time NL user. My main focus in NL is careful trackwork and layout design. I like keeping layouts on the more flat-land/reproducible side of the design spectrum. I'd love feedback on my work if you're interested in offering.
I've finished trackwork on both a Modern B&M Hyper (Sustained speed+Normal G/Low/Dive-y style of Hyper vs. their out-and-back/hill-to-hill style) and a semi-compact RMC i-box (still represented by intamin track in the POV). I'd love any criticism before I step further into the process.
(If those links aren't working, I'm fixing them. Learning markdown right now.)