Skip to content

GravityFlyersInc - Rocky Mountaineer

1 to 3 of 3
Posted March 8, 2018· Edited March 8, 2018

GravityFlyersInc presents Rocky Mountaineer!

Rocky Mountaineer is a custom Gravity Flyers Inc. wooden roller coaster that takes you on a wild ride that is completely terrain based. Standing at 100ft tall this ride takes you diving down a 76 degree first drop, outside banked airtime hill, double up, double up, triple down, terrain hugging 90 degree turnaround, airtime hill reaching -1g, triple up, and a double down.

Currently working on the 3D's so I'm still trying to get the windows to be translucent in NL2

Statistics for Rocky Mountaineer

Height - 100ft
Drop - 112ft
Length - 4230ft
Speed - 63mph
Vertical G-force - +3.5 to -1g
Lateral G-force - +1 to -1g
Airtime Moments - 17

LayoutTurnaroundTripledown-tripleuppic4Sign

So what defines a GFI? I've seen you make previous designs under your fictional (both construction and design?) company. Is there some special track tech that allows for intense track warping like RMC researched? Is it a way of designing track? I'm just curious; I like the idea, but I guess I never understood what makes GFI different than GG and RMC, as that's what I see the most in this.

As far as this layout goes. I like the way it looks from that aerial. I hope pacing doesn't die off too much towards the end. I suppose the only layout change I would have made was a helix added in for some nice sustained G's. I'd have to see a trackwork pov before making any real suggestions though. 3D objects looking good.

The track that GFI's use is more like the Intamin Plug N' Plays where they are made out of thin pieces of wood glued together to make the track with thin pieces of steel on the top, side, and bottom of the track, instead of using a thick metal box on top of the stack of wood like RMC does. The way I design my coasters is in FVD++ and instead of focusing on how can I make my rides completely insane from start to finish I try to make really fun family-focused rides with a good amount of twistiness and g-forces. My rides usually don't die out during the ride like some of the RMC's do. Plus I usually take more inspiration for my rides from a bunch of manufacturers and roller coasters out there.

I just like making roller coasters for fun.

1 to 3 of 3