Anyone know how to do a banked entry into a swing launch like Pantheon
This is the gist of what I did:
-Make the track going into the swing launch invisible
-Put an invisible transfer table right over where the switch track would be that's disconnected from the rest of the ride
-Make 3D track of the portion going into the launch (probably the most difficult part), positioning it as closely as possible onto the invisible track and use a script to attach it to the invisible transfer table. CSV export certainly helps here.
-Put a transfer table afterward that's 0 units apart (this is the start of the launch) and in the block logic builder object configured to that block set it to move that same special track while it's on it, and make the switch time something super fast (like 0.1 seconds), Connect one end of the transfer table to the beginning of the swing launch and the opposite end of the other track to the rest of the layout and the other end of that opposite track to the track leading into the spike
-Make another brake segment at the end of the launch with deceleration set to 0 and in the block logic builder object configured to that block, move a special track (the invisible transfer that the 3D track is attached to into the position where it's ready to launch backward into the spike) and use a trigger at some point to move it back to enter track
I hope the NL2 devs can make it an official feature tho.
What did you use to make the 3D track?
Blender and a bunch of trial and error. Also I only made the Mack track. 3DSMax would have been easier if I had that.
About 3D track, I'm able to do CSV in Blender but I wonder how to do only the switch tracks instead of exporting whole layout as CSV file for Blender? If someone could explain it, it would be a huge help!
Hello.
I did this a while ago on a project I posted here and since I've seen several people ask very similar things, I've taken the time to do a small tutorial on how to do it. I hope it helps at least getting started.
If you have any question about it, feel free to ask in that thread so that the rest of people I'm going to point there can also enter the same debate :D
Cheers,
Dragón Groar

Hello, I am familiar with the custom block logic, I use it a lot of my projects. However, does anyone know how to make a flying swing launch complete with the proper banked entry into it? Or, if not that, at least how to fake it well enough? Kinda need it for a future Intamin.