Skip to content

KWT666 - Construction Thread

1 to 5 of 5
Posted February 26, 2018· Edited February 26, 2018

Current Project: Raven

Inspired by large-scale B&M Inverts (e.g., Alpengeist, Banshee, Katun, Pyrenees), Raven reaches heights of approximately 165 feet, speeds of approximately 63 miles per hour, and features six inversions: an immelmann, vertical loop, cobra roll, zero-g-roll, wingover.

The track will feature a gothic/medieval theme and will make use of detailed scenery and a story-driven queue line. Here are some photos of my progress thus far. I hope you all like it!

Edit: Including links to photos because they're not loading otherwise.

Posted March 1, 2018· Edited March 1, 2018

Looks good so far, although you could probably halve the number of supports. You wouldn't find so many in real life. I dig the scenery, good textures and modeling.

I don't know, I like the number of columns in the station. It makes it feel more claustrophobic, which I believe is the intent. Perhaps add some more destruction around the station building (cracks to tease a view of the loading area, broken columns, collapsed window frames), since the rest of the building is in much much better shape than the broken wall in front of it.

Kryptos posted on February 28th, 2018

I don't know, I like the number of columns in the station. It makes it feel more claustrophobic, which I believe is the intent. Perhaps add some more destruction around the station building (cracks to tease a view of the loading area, broken columns, collapsed window frames), since the rest of the building is in much much better shape than the broken wall in front of it.

Delayed response, but I really like these suggestion. I actually do plan on giving it a bit more of a ruined, decrepit look once the structural aspects are finished and I move into refining the textures.

1 to 5 of 5