Lightkeeper || B&M Floorless Coaster
1 to 3 of 3
That Sea Serpent roll looks juicy!
Thanks! I really dig this serpent roll, and am happy with the outcome. I think I got a good balance of modern tracking with inspiration from past snappier elements.
Making progress! Just a few things to tidy up now.


Potential view from future lighthouse; we'll see if that gets made of supports as well. Would love to have a rotating light as well, but that may take a bit more homework than I have time for. We shall see how things go.

1 to 3 of 3

Hello!
My latest project I'd like to share is this B&M floorless coaster to be themed around a lighthouse on a bay.
Being a floorless coaster, the first question I had to ask was "to JoJo or not to JoJo?" The answer was obvious, so of course I put in a JoJo Roll!
The ride stands at 45m with a layout of 7 inverting elements. An immelmann, loop, and dive loop combo opens the first major block section after a typically gentle B&M floorless first drop. Then the hallmark element of the ride, a Sea Serpent Roll with shaping inspired by the Cobra Roll on Hydra: the Revenge. The ride ends with a pair of wingovers and helices. I'm very pleased with how the layout came together. I wanted to stick to a theme of "mirrored" maneuvers for the layout. The immelmann rolls opposite the dive loop on the other side of the vertical loop, the Serpent Roll itself is mirrored, and the final wingovers and helices each swap directions of the last while connecting one after another.
Here are some screenshots of the current state. Trackwork is done and the major ideas for supporting are in place.