Help! Seeking advice and reassurance!
Nope not even but would see this bizar
So fist off, I wouldn’t be too worried about NL2. Software compatibility is very different than hardware compatibility. Next as a note, the reason your builder won’t do windows 7 is because it is an obsolete (as a technical term) OS. Microsoft stopped developing security updates for it so there’s literally nothing you can do to secure a windows 7 computer anymore and every Windows 7 machine connected to the internet is a target.
As for your hardware, sounds like you might be using some pretty antiquated stuff. You’ll always have problems running too old of peripheral hardware with with newer machines (it’s not just an OS thing but also compatibility between interior components and the peripherals). That being said, any monitor manufactured since Windows 10 release in 2015 should be compatible with modern graphics cards and Windows 10. If you’ve really tried several monitors and none of them work, you might have a faulty graphics card. I’d ask your builder to check it. Chip manufacturer will replace for free if that is the case. I’ve built a few custom rigs and you frequently get faulty components so manufacturers are used to replacing them. In general I personally haven’t had any issue with my personal machines (3 in total) or my work machines (probably around 6-7) on Windows 10 running monitors that were manufactured before Windows 10 was even released.
As for general performance, what components are in your new rig? What processor, graphics card, type and amount of RAM, disk? Remember since you’re talking about user created content, it’s usually poorly optimized (if optimized at all) so some custom NL2 creations can easily be more resource intensive than modern premiere games made by professional studios.
Hi. Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. i actually printed out the specifications required on the NL2 website (not the "minimum" list but the "recommended" list) and gave it to the builder. I said I want "that or better", and he assures me that what I have now surpasses in every aspect. I looked at monitors today and am almost decided on one model now. It will have an HDMI cable (not VGA), which I am told helps matters. I'm led to believe that monitors don't need special installation discs with W10 - they're all plug 'n' play. That really surprised me, but we shall see when I get it and connect it. If it's still dodgy in appearance after that, then yes, I will certainly then question the NVIDIA graphics card..... but fingers crossed! Btw, it seems I am WELL behind the times - I always thought W10 only came out about 3 years ago! DOH! Anyway, thanks again! David.

It's not an NL2 problem directly, but it was all caused by my NL2 requirements.
I've finally got my new PC this week, which I bought solely to be able to run NL2 to its full advantage, i.e. more video memory, better graphics card, etc. (Occasionally I've tried to download certain coasters, only to find my current PC could't handle them).
My custom-builder told me I couldn't have a Windows 7 PC. It HAD to be Windows 10. Talk about a shock to the system. It was bad enough going from XP to W7, but jeez! It'll take me ages to become 'au fait' with the changes, but I shall persevere.
However, there's a problem with my W7 monitor - colours are wrong and hazy to boot. Same with some generic plug'n' play monitors I've tried too. Long story short - it seems the only solution is to buy a monitor that is W10-compliant.
This is where I'm worrying. I've already found to my horror that the folder where drivers are kept can't be added to (even with an "administrator" user id). I could buy a new monitor, but when it came to installing the associated driver disc, how do I solve the "denied permission"?
I can't believe Microsoft have concocted such a fiendish operating system! Have any other NL2 users had trouble with Windows 10?
Thanks for any advice. (n.b. this is BEFORE I even try to install my NL2 disc. Gulp!)
David