Envious of all who can change environments!
There is no confirmation or even a graying out of the "save" button when you do it, which makes it difficult. What you have to do is save as. Save it in that park's folder so it's easier to find. Then go to the "Park" tab and click "Environment." At the top there is a button with three dots. Click on that and select the environment you just saved. Close the environment window and save your park.
Here's the part that makes it show up: Close your park and reopen it. Then it should be there. The trick is you have to reopen the park. Changes to the environment don't show up unless you do that.
Thanks for that. Well it's heartening to know somebody else doesn't get the graying-out (software glitch?!) but I think that is exactly what made me experiment with "save as" instead. It's also a confusing design also because you don't no whether to select "close" or the use the top right "x" afterwards! Anyway, I did indeed use the 3 dots to point elsewhere, and as I said, I always close and open the park religiously after every single change, however minor...... so I'm still bewildered by it all. I think I'm going to scrap the whole thing and import the coaster into a (virtually) empty environment - even if it means losing some scenery objects, sigh.....

Desperately in need of a quick pointer (or bash on the head!)... I'm learning a little more of NL2 each day, but today I've hit a wall. No lie - 2 hours and still going round in circles! Thought I'd change the "Environment Editor" screen (for the first time). It won't accept my changes. It makes out it has, even asking "Sure you want to overwrite?" (which I accept), but next time I come back to it, the old values are still there. (Btw, I always come RIGHT out of NL2, so it will take effect.) I've also tried changing the top line ("Path") by making it point to a whole new library, and it lets me "Save" it, but again, it has no effect next time I go in. I've read the help instructions etc. till I'm blue in the face, but there just seems to be something really basic here that I'm missing! HELP!