Ranger Flat Ride - Manual Controls
1 to 5 of 5
Wait, you can operate the NL2 flat rides?! How did I not know this lol.
Not all, press H when on a ride and see if there is a control mapping.
It seems like the manual mode is only providing functions to either accelerate and move at speed (fwd or bwd) or stop causing the steppy behaviour you described. There's probably nothing one can do about this as unlike most flatrides the data and most importanty the script in question is not stored in the accessible scene objects folder but within the encrypted internal files.
Yeah I've just tried it and I see what they mean. It goes really slow as well. Sky Hawk works fine though.
1 to 5 of 5

Wondering if my frustrations with the packaged Ranger flat ride are 'normal' behaviour. When it's operating on auto it moves in the way a real life ride does, smooth movements, slowing to a stop before quickly reversing.
However, when in manual, the movements are quite 'steppy' and trying to replicate a swinging motion is awkward, with the ride slowing through a number of speeds, before stopping, pausing, before I am able to start movement in the opposite direction.
This is on the latest build on OSX.
Stay safe.