Problem: orientation of the quaternion extracted from Telemetry Server does not match the roller coaster track layout
I would like to derive the orientation of the vehicle in the world frame from the telemetry server using quaternions. However, when plotting the orientations of the coordinate frames at the vehicle’s position in the world frame, it becomes clear that the vehicle’s orientation in the world frame is not tangent to the course of the track.
Hence my question:
Is the vehicle’s quaternion‑based orientation in the world frame usable, and how can I interpret it in order to compute the orientation of the vehicle frame?
Problem: orientation of the quaternion extracted from Telemetry Server does not match the roller coaster track layout
I would like to derive the orientation of the vehicle in the world frame from the telemetry server using quaternions. However, when plotting the orientations of the coordinate frames at the vehicle’s position in the world frame, it becomes clear that the vehicle’s orientation in the world frame is not tangent to the course of the track.
Hence my question:
Is the vehicle’s quaternion‑based orientation in the world frame usable, and how can I interpret it in order to compute the orientation of the vehicle frame?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternions_and_spatial_rotation