Change Footer Depth
I'm not sure if it's directly possible to change the bottom height but the first thing that came to my mind is to create a scene object that looks the same as the footer but is shorter and put it where the footer would be, and then just have a free node just underneath the grass. I hope this helps a bit :D
SOLUTION :
If u Double click on the Footer : Footer Properties : Above Ground : Change this value for your purpose.
RollerCoasterRyan posted on September 10th, 2025
I'm not sure if it's directly possible to change the bottom height but the first thing that came to my mind is to create a scene object that looks the same as the footer but is shorter and put it where the footer would be, and then just have a free node just underneath the grass. I hope this helps a bit :D
I had thought about doing that as well, which would be my solution, just the idea of modeling a footer that has the same amount of detail, or at least close enough sounds like a lot for not a huge issue haha.
MrRC posted on September 10th, 2025
SOLUTION :
If u Double click on the Footer : Footer Properties : Above Ground : Change this value for your purpose.
I know about the above ground settings, I've used that to get the footer to appear at the top of my scene object. The issue is that after freezing the coaster, the footer still connects all the way to the ground and cuts through the tunnel opening below.
buckynb posted on September 10th, 2025
I know about the above ground settings, I've used that to get the footer to appear at the top of my scene object. The issue is that after freezing the coaster, the footer still connects all the way to the ground and cuts through the tunnel opening below.
Better use the Free Node and a fake concrete block (as object)
buckynb posted on September 10th, 2025
I had thought about doing that as well, which would be my solution, just the idea of modeling a footer that has the same amount of detail, or at least close enough sounds like a lot for not a huge issue haha.
I get that lol, You could do what MrRC said and just use a concrete block or something but I think your best solution for most detail is maybe just to move it away from the tunnel :)

Hey there, here for my semi-annual NL2 question. I'm making some custom scenery and have this area where I have supports above an opening I created. I know about raising footer heights and everything (obviously from the picture) but is there any way to change the bottom elevation of the footer? I've tried googling this but I'm not sure if there is anything, or perhaps I'm wording it wrong.
Any who, I hope these pictures attached properly this time. If not, here's direct links.
https://imgur.com/svGxmHc
https://imgur.com/NPT97UI
If there is no solution I'll just create supports that avoid the opening, but figured someone may know a solution.