Skip to content

Scripting for special track broken

1 to 8 of 8

Hello everyone,

When I try to script a transfer table for my coaster using Dragón Groar's script generator it works, but when the train enters the transfer table, the brakes are closed. How does train traverse the track?
Station (sta) > brake (b1) > switchtable 1 (sw1 & swb1) > backwardsbrake (b3) > switchtable 2 (sw2 & swb2) > brake (b5) > switchtrack fork (sw3) > end brake (b6).

The problem is that swb2 is closed. When I go into full manual and put the train on the transfertable and put it back to automatic, it works.
When I set b3 as a trim brake and take it out of the script, it fully works.
I've also tried using Musickid43's script generator and Custom Block Logic Builder, but that also doesn"t work. I've scripted many times in the past, and it has always worked. A few users on Steam also seem to have the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Randomrider posted on April 2nd, 2025

When I try to script a transfer table for my coaster using Dragón Groar's script generator it works, but when the train enters the transfer table, the brakes are closed.

Hi!
That totally sounds like you're setting the trigger point to your transfer table incorrectly. For some reason I don't understand, NoLimits 2 sets it at the beginning of the brake by default, so if you don't change it, as soon as the train enters the brake section, and since the next block is not ready, the brakes close to hold the train in that block, jamming the switch that should move, thus locking the ride. Make sure you setup the trigger point correctly in the brake settings. If the train is not coming in very fast or you have a decent deceleration speed in your transports, clicking the "centered on section" button is enough.

If that doesn't fix it, make sure to let us know to investigate further.

And I'm not sure what you mean about Steam. I see no new discussions in the workshop community about this. If you can point me there or that people here, that'd be awesome.

Hope you get the issue fixed!
Dragón Groar

Hi!

Thank you for the responses!
The trigger is set to "centered on track". Here is the link to the Steam discussion.
I've just sent the pkg file to MrRC.

Greetings,
Randomrider

Hello,

So I've found the problem. The trigger of b3 (the brake before the transfertable) was set to start, and since that section of the coaster is in reverse, the trigger is actually at the end of the brake section. So, by setting the trigger to "end" and "middle car", the trigger is now at the start of the brake section. That way, swb2 (the transfertable brake) will open.
(btw: if I set the trigger just to "end" and "first car", swb2 will open when the train is about halfway trough it)

In the past I would just set the triggers to default or "centered on section", so it's weird that it's a problem now.

Again, thank you so much for the help!

Greetings

1 to 8 of 8