Sound Issue / Crash
The sim is also now impossible to quit. I press escape to be brought back to the main menu and the game just freezes with the sound continuing. I then have to exit via task manager :/
Any ideas?
- Do u have FULL screen or Window sized display ?
- Do u have a memory display on your taskbar (near the clock) ? (its a lil program not included in NL2)
- What version of Windows do u have ?
- Do u get an error message ? (popup from NL2 "out of memory" or something like that ?)
I need more information to help u with this.
Do u have FULL screen or Window sized display ?
Full Screen normally
Just tried in WIndow display and the problem seems to have vanished ...
Do u have a memory display on your taskbar (near the clock) ? (its a lil program not included in NL2)
Yes at max I am using around 20% CPU and memory reads:
Avail: 16326
Cached: 2959
Available: 8242
Free: 5420
I do get 100% CPU spikes briefly when I pause the game and the sound continues however.
What version of Windows do u have ?
Windows 7 Ultimate
Do u get an error message ? (popup from NL2 "out of memory" or something like that ?)
No error messages, just a few "errors" to do with scripts in the messages when the park loads but nothing I think that would constitute a issue like this.
Did u set a Limit on the Framerate ? See below :

Yes I did I've unticked it now and will try again in full window!
Tried it in windowed mode, everything perfect!
Soon as I reloaded Full Screen the original problem is back? :(
Why would u keep it in Full Screen mode ?
U might can try to give your videocard an update ??
Edit:
Back to square one the same issue is now happening in windowed mode :(
I'm thinking its got something to do with the Hydraulic Launch Kit by The Code Master? Don't ask me why but the sounds always seem to start messing up when the coaster enters that particular part of the track?
I'm pretty sure thats not your problem. I have the same package in one of my coasters. I have no problem with it.
I have an old PC with WinXP Dual core 2.8 Ghz 2 GB memory. It still holds on.
I’m stumped I have no idea what else to suggest :(
Is it every park u load in the NL2 program ?
What detail settings do u have ?
I have this :

Its only happening in the park in question. Every other custom made park / NL Default park is fine.
There must be something specific wrong with the park but I have no idea where to start?
Do you have any advice what MAY be causing the issues as we've ruled out hardware issues?
Can u explain this line of text :
Its only happening in the park in question
Maybe u can send me your parkpackage file to my email adress
Ive solved the problem.
Using the TV Screens that come with NL2 I wanted to create a entry system to the park using arrows (green arrows facing down to tell guests where to queue). I did this via converting a JPEG to OGV file then displaying them on the TV Screens side by side. So I had 5 TV screens side by side WITHOUT THE MUTE AUDIO option selected. Even though there was no audio on the OGV files, I presume all the other sounds from the park would effect the "area" of the audio of the TV's. I selected mute audio on all the TV's and the problem went!
Hope that makes sense?
Thanks for all your help by the way really apprecaite it :)
Ok tnx and very happy for u found the problem.
Case closed.
Back to square 1 :( Happening again! Mind if i package the park up and see if you can take a look at anything strikingly obvious? :(
No problem send me your Packagefile : svhas2004@home.nl

HI All,
Recently been having a problem with my Park in NL2. I ride a coaster but the ride sounds are very laggy and sometimes I cant hear at all. If I pause the game and unpause the sounds come back temporarily, but then other issues happen.
When i then exit a ride I can't hear footsteps or the jumping noise, and sound randomly plays from the coaster I've just been on.
Now when I pause the game the game stops but all the sounds conitnue.
Then I try ride a different coaster and the same thing happens, sometimes sounds, sometimes no sound, sometimes choppy random sounds.
I then press exit to leave the sim and the sound conitnues but the game stops and I have to manually quite the game in task manager!
Anyone have a clue what is going on!? I've made no system changes recently or anyting like that!?
Cheers,
Alex