Skip to content

FVD++ Question

1 to 7 of 7

Howdy. Hope everyone's staying safe out there.

I've got an issue I'm running into with FVD. I've been working on a coaster, and I've made the layout so far with one long force section after the launch and station (like 30 seconds long.) and now, whenever I scroll past the sections end, my normal and lateral force graphs disappear, leaving just the roll graph. It's making the coaster borderline impossible to work on. Was wondering if anyone has encountered this, and what I should do to fix it? I'd hate to scrap all I've done so far. I guess in the future I should create smaller force sections to prevent this? Thank you. I'm pretty new to FVD and trying to teach myself the ins and outs.

My guess is that you have a dynamic section at the end for the two graphs, but the previous segment is too long making it 'hang off the edge' so to speak for at least one of them. Try stretching out the last section of the one you can see as far as you can, you should eventually see your graphs reappear.

Hey guys, im trying to make a backyard roller coaster in FVD++ but i cant find the right friction values to use. the cart is about 80-100 pounds and i put in .275 for the friction value(euro fighter 2 friction value) since its the closest to my train, but it doesnt work correctly and runs for about 5 seconds before running out of speed. can anyone help me find the right values to use please, it would help so much

Any other Mac users having trouble getting FVD++ to run? I'm on a 2021 M1 iMac and downloaded FVD++ it from GitHub. When I open the "osx" folder the only files that will open open in TextEdit. How do I get the program to run?

1 to 7 of 7