Indiana Jones Adventure - No Limits 2 Recreation
This looks really nice, that 3d model work looks insane.
thats amazing
Wow, this looks awesome thus far. As far as your line of work, thank you for all you do! This is a stressful time for everyone. I hope we can see more of this in the future.
I can't help you in any way, but wow, that's really cool what you've done so far. I went on that ride back in the late 90's on a family holiday to Cali.
I hope you can find someone to help finish this project.
That's amazing!
IDA is tied for my favorite attraction of all time so I'm super excited to see the results of the project!
Good Morning Everyone, I wanted to leave a few more screen grabs from the project this morning and will do a full writeup this week with details from the Back of House on how it came to live and where it is currently. -
I want to go into detail on the project to give everyone the full scope of the creative and design process.
Enjoy -
Justin
If anyone has a better option for posting media please let me know as there is no upload function on the site.
If u have Mozilla Firefox u can cleverly do some things to find out and put it here :





Thank you ^ -
Progress Update
Queue
The line is mapped out based on the attraction blueprints but has placeholder models in most of the sections until my 3D modeler can finish the final file.
I feel that the easiest way to explain the current process is to type up a paragraph on each show scene and how it is incorporated into the program and experience.
Station Loading
The attraction runs 14 jeeps with no stacking coming into the station and rotates between Alpha and Beta load sides. Each side has a independent dispatch interval to give the attraction a little bit of variance. The station has ambient music and sound effects layered within with the jeeps programmed to have a seat belt checkpoint spiel as well.
Texturing within the station model is close to being complete and just need to add the control panels and set dressings.
Jeep Transport Vehicles
Each jeep has been a labor of love. They were modeled from the ground up to replicate the jeeps used in the attractions. All that you see is hand made, no kits, purchased packs from 3rd parties, all team built. The wheels rotate in accordance to its orientation the NL2 spline and when the jeep speeds up, so does the rotation.
Audio
Audio scripting and engineering has honestly brought so much into this experience it is amazing.
Some fun facts:
- Each jeep has a custom audio program assigned to it. For example, every jeep has a profile that correlates to the chamber it passes through. It repeats every 3rd Jeep - Riches - Youth - Future. It also has the ending spiel assigned to play at the end with Sallah announcing how you should exit the Jeep.
-The spline and audio is directly intertwined. If you E-Stop the attraction, you will hear the audio continue until that show scene has ended, once the Jeep has crossed the next audio trigger it will commence and not lose track of where it was. We found that by dividing the audio score into show scenes it allowed for a delayed dispatch to not stack jeeps into attraction show scene and compromise the experience.
-E-Stopping through the NL2 control panel triggers an "Easter Egg". We were able to script a audio spiel of Sallah explaining that our journey has abruptly been halted. The file will continue as long as the button is pressed.
Chamber of Destiny
Yes, the chamber ROTATES with the jeep before going into a different chamber. This has been a labor of love and the model is not finished, but we have a place holder model to allow us to work out the mechanics of rotating and applying specific lighting to show different show scenes.
I will post more as time allows. :)
Please make it playable for NL so we can enjoy it by ourselfs! :D
WOW! That looks insanly good! Keep up the awesome work!
What an incredible project! I can't wait to see the final result!

Greetings Explorers -
This is the new home to the recreation of Indiana Jones & The Temple of The Forbidden Eye!
I have been working on this project for years and have hit a "wall". I am currently in the Public Health Sector and with the current Pandemic around the globe, have no resources or valuable time to dedicate to this project anymore. I'm starting a detailed thread of my progress and looking for some guidance or help with this project.
I have been in love with this attraction since I was a young child and experienced it decades ago back in California. I originally wanted to release this recreation this year for it's 25th, but alas, real life came about.
I am posting because I am looking for some talented individuals to take this under their wing and help build this out and officially release it to Steam and the community. I have done recreations when I was younger in the past including Expedition Everest at WDW and others. I used that experience to learn the in's and outs of the program and look past just building coasters. That opened my eyes into the coding aspect of the program and worked with a very talented set of people to get that off the ground.
I will post some screenshots today and see if we can draw some interest before we discuss further. But again, I'd like to see this recreation come to light and will be explaining all the process we took so far to get to this point and how the coding is mapped out etc.
For now - Justin
https://twitter.com/VirtualIndyAdv