Skip to content

Midly Ambiguous Projects That'll Never Be Finished

1 to 5 of 5
Posted March 9, 2020· Edited June 5, 2020

Recently, I got a bad idea and now I'm making it in nolimits 2.
This project will no doubt take me an eternity to finish, but I feel somewhat strongly the final product might be unique.
Essentially, it's a minetrain that keeps splitting off into eventually 4 or 8 tracks (I'm still deciding). I'm nervous to see how this will turn out. I'll continue to post updates here as I work on this.

Let me know what you think of this concept!

I finished the minetrain, however I have bigger goals for this concept. I plan to make an intamin blitz coaster with this idea. This will take much longer than a few days to complete, and will probably take me months. I will post updates on that whenever I can.

I highly doubt that anyone sees or reads this but oh well

Recently I've been playing alot of Mario Kart Wii and 8. Anyone who has played any game of the franchise knows that with every game comes a new edition of a certain course. This course has become a staple, an icon of the series, and I plan to make a coaster based on this. These tracks have tormented people who aren't familiar with the games with their difficulty. This track I'm talking about isn't Rainbow Road [maybe someday but not now] but instead Bowser's Castle. I've always found these to be some of the most visually impressive and difficult tracks, and just generally always satisfy.

Now with this concept, I plan to design a coaster and have a castle in the style of one of the tracks built around it. I'm not going to have it follow the course of any of the existing BC tracks, but instead have it be as though it's my own entry to the Bowser's Castle mini-franchise. I plan on having this coaster be an Intamin Accelerator, and I already have a design from a while back that I believe would fit quite nicely with this idea.

If I finish the project, I plan to make a video using the music from one Bowser's Castle or another. Right now I'm heavily leaning towards Mario Kart 8's BC soundtrack, as I feel it perfectly incapsulates all the best parts of these iconic courses.

I'll post updates if/when anything more happens with this. I don't currently have access to my computer, so it may be a week or so before I can really get to work on this. I'm somewhat excited for this project, and I hope to pay proper respect to all of the Bowser's Castle tracks. If anyone would like to know more, or potentially even help with this project, I'm more than open to any advice, critique, or help.

I love the sound of it, if I'm understanding correctly each time you ride the different track switches will send you in to a different part of the ride? That would work great with a Mario type theme, given how your typical Mario track has lots of shortcuts. I would think the concept would lend itself well to some sort of duelling element as well, so maybe starting with two stations, have them race a little as well. In my head I'm struggling to picture how it might work, but it would be cool if your switching arrangements mean that regardless of which station you start at, you may end up on the same bit of track in the middle of the ride.

I think if I was starting something like this, I would create a really basic track layout with just the switching arrangements first. Once you have proved the concept will work, then go about integrating a proper layout with all your elements.

Good luck with it!

Biggsl02 posted on June 5th, 2020

I love the sound of it, if I'm understanding correctly each time you ride the different track switches will send you in to a different part of the ride? That would work great with a Mario type theme, given how your typical Mario track has lots of shortcuts. I would think the concept would lend itself well to some sort of duelling element as well, so maybe starting with two stations, have them race a little as well. In my head I'm struggling to picture how it might work, but it would be cool if your switching arrangements mean that regardless of which station you start at, you may end up on the same bit of track in the middle of the ride.

I think if I was starting something like this, I would create a really basic track layout with just the switching arrangements first. Once you have proved the concept will work, then go about integrating a proper layout with all your elements.

Good luck with it!

Those are actually two seperate concepts

I do like the idea of the switch tracks on the BC Coaster, however they do somewhat kill the pacing which is the opposite of what I want for this high speed, high intensity coaster.
I've proven the switch concept to work on a smaller minetrain model, but now I'm doing it as a Intamin Blitz. For the Switch Blitz, I plan on naming it Prism and having each split turn the track a different color, kind of like how colors split when light is shone through a prism. the background will be entirely white, as well as the station and lift hill, but after that it'll be a multicolored mess of track. I have some, but not a whole lot, of work done on Prism, and it's proving that it'll be extremely difficult and take a very long time.

Thank you for expressing interest and feedback!

1 to 5 of 5