Skip to content

Magneto - B&M Stand Up

1 to 5 of 5

Hello! I'm excited to be presenting this stand up roller coaster as my first post to the site. I was a member of CC and WWS back in the early through late 2000's with a bit of a hiatus until a couple of years ago, but only just recently found this site as well. Things seem to be taken a bit more seriously on this side of the web, and I can certainly appreciate that. I've worked very hard to get good shaping, realistic forces, and an organic and aesthetic layout for this roller coaster. I'm not as good with modeling 3D objects just yet, but I think the trackwork holds up pretty well on its own. I might explore 3D modeling in the near future though, as I can have access to 3DS Max through my college.

Without further adieu, here's where the project stands currently.

Some adjustments need to be attended to. Obviously loop connectors are still needed, some 3D work needs to be done to spruce up the place, and some of the support pipe size has not been properly adjusted. So, to disclaim, the pictures are not indicative of final quality. :)

Looking like a decent attempt here and i'd love to see how it rides. I feel like the MCBR is a little long, however you are definietly capturing the classic B&M elements. Adding on to this your elements do look very drawn out so i'll be interested in what G-forces are being pulled around the course.
Looks interesting nonetheless! Good luck :P

Definitely a long MCBR for B&M, but it achieved what I was looking for in the turns pre/proceeding the brake run in that they mirror each other coming up and then going down; was mostly about aesthetics. With 5 major elements between the lift and the first set of brakes, a small breather there does feel good/right to me riding through the ride. The car coasts at about 35km/h as well, so it gets through it decently quick anyway.
Drawing out the elements was mostly due to restricting vertical g-forces to around 3.5 max. This mainly because I was taking the standing riding position into consideration. It seems the existing B&M stand up rides aren't as harsh at the valleys between elements as other B&M styles, I would assume for this reason, so I've emulated that here.

1 to 5 of 5