I just bought NoLimits 2 and started playing with it -- so far just "riding" the roller coasters that come with it. Visually, it looks nice, but I was curious how people have adjusted the Display and Detail settings to make things look more realistic and the best they can be. Do you just put every setting to the highest value (assuming your video card can handle it)? I've bumped up some of the sliders but so far haven't really noticed much of a difference. I have a Radeon RX560, and I've noticed that when a simulation is running it is doing around 100 fps, so it seems like the card is fast enough to sacrifice some fps for better detail, but I'm not sure if it works that way.
Also, as a separate thing, I notice that every now and then it seems like a little hiccup appears on the screen for a split second. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's like everything is smoothly panning down the screen as a coaster rides forward, and then every now and then the smoothness is interrupted for like one frame, where one row of pixels in one random spot stands out for just a split second. Any idea what that is? I think my system is fast enough. It's an older Mac Pro with a six core 3.33 GHz Xeon and an RX560 GPU.
Hi everyone!
I just bought NoLimits 2 and started playing with it -- so far just "riding" the roller coasters that come with it. Visually, it looks nice, but I was curious how people have adjusted the Display and Detail settings to make things look more realistic and the best they can be. Do you just put every setting to the highest value (assuming your video card can handle it)? I've bumped up some of the sliders but so far haven't really noticed much of a difference. I have a Radeon RX560, and I've noticed that when a simulation is running it is doing around 100 fps, so it seems like the card is fast enough to sacrifice some fps for better detail, but I'm not sure if it works that way.
Also, as a separate thing, I notice that every now and then it seems like a little hiccup appears on the screen for a split second. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's like everything is smoothly panning down the screen as a coaster rides forward, and then every now and then the smoothness is interrupted for like one frame, where one row of pixels in one random spot stands out for just a split second. Any idea what that is? I think my system is fast enough. It's an older Mac Pro with a six core 3.33 GHz Xeon and an RX560 GPU.
Thanks for any advice!