Skip to content

Deity - B&M Hyper Coaster [RLRides]

1 to 15 of 15
Posted October 3, 2019· Edited November 13, 2019

After Infinity I wanted to go delve back into a B&M. The recent announcement of Orion and my little obsession with Fury's layout has drawn me towards a Giga coaster style. It's been a tough one to get right, trying to balance a good variety of elements and that intense speed, while making it have a beautiful skyline and a track length that isn't unrealistically long. It's made me understand better just what B&M have had to do with their Giga designs, it's very much a delicate balance.

All the while trying to make it feel graceful and powerful with smooth transitions and that modern B&M shaping. After a good few months of tweaking and testing I have a layout I like! The project name Deity is to reflect the intimidating, powerful yet graceful and beautiful nature of the ride.

Fleshing him out now, really happy with the way it's moving. Although one mistake I've made early on was that after altering the top of the lift and not altering the straight section the ride does fall below 300ft, so technically it's a baby-giga. I'm cool with that but I know how people get about catagorising rides. It definitely follows the style of a giga so I'm keeping it within that bracket.

Posted December 19, 2019· Edited December 19, 2019

So she's now running exactly how I want smoothly on three trains, the supports are in and now it's time to get the extras done, I don't want to reveal yet what I have planned for the ride but I'll just share a few screens of the finished track. This will be another collab in terms of object creation (with the incredible Andre) , but the main focus will be showcasing the track design and ride concept and how it interacts with nature.

The speed hill into the half ampersand element, trains courtesy of TheCodeMaster.

The first two air-time hills. An aggressive speed hill and a massive floater hill. In the background, the Orion inspired turn around.

The s-bend that wraps between the lift supports, a mixture of air, force and speedy sideways headchoppers.

Layout's looking good - I especially like the speed hill that enters the half ampersand, and that you've gone the opposite direction of the expected directly after the drop, and done something that highlights and sustains the ride's speed at its highest point, rather than going for a second tall element.

Posted March 3, 2020· Edited March 3, 2020

Have been working with @parkscape_design to come up with the object creation. The station is inspired by places of worship I've visited over the years, I love the large scale of them and imposing design. It's been really difficult to get this right, so this is still just a draft so far, but I think it starts the capture the vibe I want for the ride, we plan to put a lot more detail into it and get the texturing right, plus the actual design of some of the elements arn't final, but I'm really excited to see where this project goes. Watch this space.

Just a view from the "Orion turn"

The 'Orion Turn' looks pretty epic towering alone out there. And the mini ampersand looks great, and is well placed in the layout; makes a nice teaser for those approaching the ride, deciding whether or not to brave it. The cathedral station is a cool idea. But that low turn under the lift... chef's kiss, absolutely gorgeous.

FrankLeeMadere posted on March 8th, 2020

The 'Orion Turn' looks pretty epic towering alone out there. And the mini ampersand looks great, and is well placed in the layout; makes a nice teaser for those approaching the ride, deciding whether or not to brave it. The cathedral station is a cool idea. But that low turn under the lift... chef's kiss, absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you! The station is really well optimised, but at the moment my low spec 2015 laptop is kinda chugging away abit to let me see he progress Jay has made. But I will find a way to do the final details when it's time. Here's a little update on the queue racks.

Just an update, the queue is getting completed at the moment and planting is in place under the ride, with a small woodland walk to a viewing area by the first drop.

That station looks very pretty, really like the aesthetic you are going for. However, something that bugs me is the boring cattle-pen queue design. I would say a more free-flowing queue into the station building would look a lot nicer than just a couple of concrete boxes. Isn't a be all end all or anything, but it's just my two cents

Posted March 29, 2020· Edited March 29, 2020

^ I understand what you're saying, we wanted to maintain realism in the way a queue is constructed, the rest of the queue will be more focused meandering path through the temple garden. alot of will rely on the trees and planting so hopefully when the fences are in it'll look less concrete. We're still focusing on getting the path textures right.

Just wanted to show you the 'woodland walk'. With the ride taking up so much space I wanted the area to be divided up abit. The main plaza ia around the church, but if you go off the beaten track underneath the lift you'll be rewarded with a large viewing platform at the stone circle.

1 to 15 of 15