Skip to content

Clem's Layouts

1 to 7 of 7
Posted September 12, 2019· Edited October 14, 2019

Hello

Small setting :

I'm Clem, I'm using NoLimits since 2009, and I love to create layouts.

In my expedition to the creation of the perfect layout (lol, as if) I went through all the tools, Basic NoLimitsEditor, then NoLimitsElementary and AHG (the old folks knows the pain), then Newton and finally Newton².
I created more than 200 layouts. Yes! 200!
But a large majority of them aren't good at all (learning phase + "bad" tool until newton²), and I must learn from past errors afterall ^^
So, almost all the layouts that I will post were created between 2012 and 2014, because before 2012 it wan't good enough, and after 2014 I did very little because of my studies (and a MMORPG :D)
I'll mark the dates of creation for each project anyway. But it's important to think about it because at times my style of layout and even some elements are very "RMC" like for exemple, but don't forget that in 2012 RMC was New Texas Giant and nothing else. This kind of detail you see. Especially when I create my rides, I rarely inspire myself out of existing rides, I just do my thing in my head.

What was I talking about ? Ah yes ! I like doing LAYOUTS! Decoration? NO! Supports? NO! Layouts? YES! (Phone Ring it's Six Flag, you're engaged :D)
And how do you do your layouts Clem? With Newton²! Yes Newton²! Every Layout! Yes I know we are in 2019 people don't even know Newton² anymore, Yes I know FVD, FVD ++ blablabla etc. But Back in my days FVD did not exist. And I worked with Newton² a lot and never bothered to move on for the fiew recent layouts (I don't like FVD interface at all).
The only dark point is that if there is a trick / a passage / a transition is not good right in the middle of the layout (basicaly an error), you cannot correct it, so you can just cry hard and hope next time you wont make any mistake (kinda one trick poney).

Well, after all these years I finally decided to share my works (that's why I write this uselessly long message that nobody will read), but I said to myself "Clem, you cannot throw at people layouts floating in the air, do something about that at least!". And so I will put supports and stuff on my creations (creations that did up to 8 years without any :D). But do not expect super amazing supports work either.

But, if a lost soul finds one (or more) of my layouts kinda cool and wants to do something more proper with it (like proper scenery / cleaner supports ...), I have no problem about it, I would be happy even, as long as the person writes that I am the one who created the layout.

I don't know exactly how fast i'll post my rides, maybe once every week ? or slightly faster ? sound good, if I have enough time.

Without futher ado here is the first ride of a long serie :D


Floater by Clem
Made with Newton² in August 2012
Own style coaster (Airtime Launch Coaster?).
Inspired from nothing.

Statistics :

Name : Floater
Trains : 2 (32 places trains)

Total Tack Length : 1642m (5387ft)
Launch to Break Track Lengh : ~1570m (5151ft)

No MCBR
1 Forced Trim

Max Height : 27,5m (90ft)
Mini Height : 1m (3ft)
Biggest Drop : 26m (85ft)

Square ground size : 390x195m (1280x940ft)

Banking max: 107°

Ride time : 1min38s
Launch to Break time : ~1min14s
Average Speed Launch to Breaks : 74km/h (46mph)

Max Speed : 122 km/h (76mph)

Launch Speed : 0 - 120km/h (74,5mph)
Launch Force : 2g

Max Vertical Gs Front Row : -1g / 3.2g
Max Vertical Gs Middle Row : -0.5g / 3.1g
Max Vertical Gs Back Row : -1g / 3.4g

Number of Airtimes/Hangtimes* : 14 (~22s | 30% RideTime)
*Less than 0.2g vertical Taken middle train Launch to Break

Capacity Max : 1400pph

Self Criticism :
The main issue about this layout is that it's too spread out for what it is.
I was also forced too add a Trim (see on-ride video at 55s), because the turn and airtime hill right after it are too sharp for this train length, but I wanted to keep such long train because, due to the way the layout is made you get very different experiences depending where you stand especialy on the airtimes. So it feels like the pace is kinda dying a bit after the trim, but you still get perfect floater airtime on the last two hill regardless (see Gs on the off-ride video after 1min2s).

Overall the layout is pretty simple (tho, simple doesn't mean bad).

I wanted a ride that is soft, stay low to the ground and give great and long full train floater airtimes (hence the name XD), and it does it perfectly so I'm pretty happy about it regardless.

I'll upload it on NLC when it stop throwing me an error when i'm trying to do so ("unable to upload, we are investigating the issue" or so)
Meanwhile you can download it here :
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/621558943130451990/622418795448893440/Floater.nl2park

See you arround for another ride!

Posted September 19, 2019· Edited September 19, 2019

Inverted B&M - Warrior :

Warrior by Clem
Made with Newton² in July 2012
Download : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/621558943130451990/624128294517735425/Warrior.nl2park
Own style coaster.
Inspired from nothing.

Statistics:

Name: Warrior
Trains: 3 (36 places trains)

Total Tack Length: 1238m (4062ft)
TopLift to Break Track Lengh: ~1090m (3576ft)

1 MCBR
No Trim

Max Height: 46m (151ft)
Mini Height: 1m (3ft)
Biggest Drop : 36m (44m ? Pre-drop + "DoubleDown") / (118ft / 144ft)

Square ground size : 200x125m (656x410ft)

Inversions : 9
37m Vertical Loop (121ft)
13m High Speed 0g Roll (81km/h) / (43ft / 50mph)
32m Cobra roll (105ft)
24m Immelman (79ft)
14m 0g Stall/Cutback ? (46ft)
15m 0g Corkscrew/roll ? (49ft)
14m 0g Corkscrew (46ft)
11m 0g Corkscrew (36ft)

Ride time: 2min9s
TopLift to Break time: ~1min11s

Max Speed: 102km/h (63.5mph)
Average Speed (TopLift to Breaks): 55km/h (34mph)

Max Vertical Gs Front Row : -1g / 4.4g
Max Vertical Gs Middle Row : -0.6g / 4.1g
Max Vertical Gs Back Row : -0.9g / 4.4g

Number of Airtimes/Hangtimes*: 10-13 (~9s | 13% RideTime)
*Less than 0.2g vertical taken middle train TopLift to Break

Capacity Max : 2400pph !!!

PS: Yeah the name and colors come from Wario XD

Questions :
I used the Pivot Head for the POV because I prefer it to the fixed camera for Inverteds, what do you think about that ?
What do you think of the Stats console (Gs / Speed) on the POV? Personally I think it's useful, but the Youtube compression makes it unreadable at times, so I don't know if I should keep it...

Launch "Gerstlauer" - Portals

Portals by Clem
Made with Newton² in April 2014
Download : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/621558943130451990/627959281853136896/Portals.nl2park
Own style coaster.

Statistics:

Name: Portals
Trains: 3 (8 places trains)

Total Track Length: 1018m (3340ft)
Launch to Breaks Track Lengh: ~940m (3084ft)

1 MCBR
No Trim

Max Height: 37.5m (123ft)
Mini Height: 1m (3ft)
Biggest Drop : 36.5m (120ft)

Square ground size : 178x87m (584x285ft)

Inversions : 6
29m Weird Inversion (95ft)
26m Weird Ejector Dive Loop (85ft)
25m Roll-up ? (82ft)
8m High Speed 0g Roll (26ft)
21m 0g Cutback/Stall (69ft)
10m Hangtime roll (33ft)

Ride time: 1min18s
Launch to Breaks time: ~57s

Max Speed: 98km/h (61mph)
Average Speed (Launch to Breaks): 59km/h (37mph)

Launch Speed : 36 to 98km/h (22 to 61mph)
Launch Force : 1.7g

Max Vertical Gs : -1.6g / 4g

Number of Airtimes/Hangtimes*: 13 (~19s | 33% RideTime)
*Less than 0.2g vertical Taken middle train Launch to Break

Capacity Max : 820pph

Posted October 9, 2019· Edited October 9, 2019

NoLimits 2 - Hypercoaster Intamin - Eijune

Eijune by Clem
Made with Newton² in October 2012
Download : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/621558943130451990/631292283731443762/Eijune.nl2park
Slightly Inspired from "Oldschool" Intamin Hypers

Statistics:

Name: Eijune
Trains: 3 (32 places trains)

Total Track Length: 2111m (6926ft)
TopLift to Breaks Track Lengh: ~1935m (6348ft)

1 MCBR
No Trim

Max Height: 70m (230ft)
Mini Height: 1m (3ft)
Biggest Drop : 69m (227ft)

Square ground size : "329x249m" Irrelevant, L shape

Banking Max : 140°

Ride time: 2min1s
TopLift to Breaks time: ~1min30s

Max Speed: 130km/h (81mph)
Average Speed (TopLift to Breaks): 77.5km/h (48mph)

Cable Lift Speed : 25,5km/h (15,8mph)

Max Vertical Gs Front Row : -1.8g / 3.6g
Max Vertical Gs Middle Row : -1.6g / 3.5g
Max Vertical Gs Back Row : -1.8g / 3.7g

Number of Airtimes/Hangtimes*: 22 (~28s | 31% RideTime)
*Less than 0.2g vertical Taken middle train TopLift to Break

Capacity Max : 1500pph

And I just saw I managed to post two green colored coaster in a row, oh well.

NoLimits 2 - Wooden Coaster - The Bear

The Bear by Clem
Made with Newton² in September 2012 for the LightWood Part 2 CoastersWorld Contest 2012.
Download : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/621558943130451990/636523911277838342/The_Bear.nl2park
GCI style coaster mixed with mine.
Slightly inspired from GCIs like El Toro, Renegade and American Thunder, but without GCI shaping.

Statistics:

Name: The Bear
Trains: 2 (24 places trains)

Total Track Length: 1027m (3369ft)
TopLift to Break Track Lengh: ~900m (2953ft)

No MCBR
No Trim

Max Height: 31m (102ft)
Mini Height: 2m (7ft)
Biggest Drop : 29m (1st drop) (95ft)

Square ground size : 190x110m (623x361ft)
(The building zone limits were given as template for the contest)

Banking max: 61°

Ride time: 1min54
TopLift to Break time: ~1min

Max Speed: 83 km/h (51.6mph)
Average Speed (TopLift to Breaks): 54km/h (33.6mph)

Max Vertical Gs Front Row : -0.82g / 3.25g
Max Vertical Gs Middle Row : -0.74g / 3.2g
Max Vertical Gs Back Row : -1.11g / 3.53g

Number of Airtimes/Hangtimes*: 20 (~14,5s | 24% RideTime)
*Less than 0.2g vertical Taken middle train TopLift to Break

Capacity Max : 900pph

And here is some detailled charts / stats for stats nerds like me :D

Solid coaster. You definitely have the most in-depth stats about your rides that I've seen from anyone. Do you manually calculate all that information, including the min/max g's in different parts of the train?

For the forces / charts / time stuffs I use nl2telemetry to log and export datas into .csv files (I use https://github.com/bestdani/py_nl2telemetry).
I export datas from 6 specific points in the train (Front Left/Right, Middle Left/Right, Back Left/Right, I guess you understand why these).
Then I made an excel sheet that automaticaly gather datas and do everything for me (figuring out the min/maxs and make the charts).

For stuffs like Track Lengh / Height / Size / Banking, I manualy check these ingame inside the editor (I draw a rectangle with support beams arround the ride for ground size)
(btw, Height is Height relative to the ground, not the game coordinate, that's why this ride Height is 31m when coordinate say 32m, because Ground level is at 1m).

For Capacity I just chronometer the time for the same train to pass the very same point on the layout, then you can get capacity out of it. Basicaly (1h / 1TrainFULLCycle) * NumberOfTrain * NumberOfSeatPerTrain.

I used to check everything manualy, but csv export with telemetry made it so much easier and more accurate (especialy regarding the amount of airtime for exemple). So big thanks to Bestdani !

1 to 7 of 7