Need Help with Transport Section Settings
The speed is what the transport section will try to achieve given the acceleration value. If your acceleration is too low or speed too high for the length of the section, the coaster will not be able to achieve it. If your coaster is going 30mph and the acceleration is set to 1g and a speed of 60mph, as long as the section is long enough, it will speed up to 60mph at 1g of acceleration. If the coaster reaches that speed, but the section hasn't ended, it will maintain that speed until the end of the section. The same works for deceleration.
jpaufsc posted on July 4th, 2019
The speed is what the transport section will try to achieve given the acceleration value. If your acceleration is too low or speed too high for the length of the section, the coaster will not be able to achieve it. If your coaster is going 30mph and the acceleration is set to 1g and a speed of 60mph, as long as the section is long enough, it will speed up to 60mph at 1g of acceleration. If the coaster reaches that speed, but the section hasn't ended, it will maintain that speed until the end of the section. The same works for deceleration.
That helps explain a lot thank you so much!
Addition :
If your acceleration is to forcefull with 1G u can extend the launch trackpart and set the G force to a lower value. It will reach the same speed but not so intense (more like a family coaster)

Hi all!
I am very new to NL2, I am using it to design a coaster for an Entertainment Engineering Design class that I'm taking.
I have a question about the Transport Sections. I am using LSM for parts of the ride. The section settings ask for Speed, Acceleration, and Deceleration. I am wondering what these values actually translate to during the ride? This is a booster section.
What does the entered value for speed represent? is that the speed of the coaster after that section, or is it the max speed? When I calculated the speed at the end of that section in excel given the input value for acceleration, it did not match the coaster speed, so what value is actually used?
I appreciate the help!