Skip to content

Issues with the Latest Update

1 to 2 of 2
Posted September 9, 2024· Edited September 9, 2024

Hello, NLC community. I was hoping to get more insight to an issue I am having. I have already let the NL2 devs know about it, but I was hoping to get a bit more information from other users in case the problem may actually be on my end and/or to see if other users are having the same issue.

Unfortunately it seems the latest update has completely broken the physics in the simulator. Namely, the transport and brake sections behave differently dependent upon whether or not I am looking at the train while it is running. For example, on the coaster I am currently working on, I have a block I need the train to stop on before a swing launch. If I look away, the train stops on the block as normal. If I look at the train as it goes through the preceding section of the ride, it whizzes right past.

This is something I have witnessed over many cycles. The coaster is in scripted mode and uses custom block logic builder.

Insight from the user community would me much appreciated.

If it’s tied to looking at the train, it might be worth checking if you have any high-detail scenery nearby that’s tanking the FPS when in view. Sometimes the script logic can 'miss' a sensor trigger if the frame rate dips at the exact moment the train hits the block.

1 to 2 of 2