12 Hours Of Insanity Contest
Will we be able to do this in teams? I love this idea so much!
Jack73 posted on March 8th, 2019
Will we be able to do this in teams? I love this idea so much!
Yes teams are 100% allowed however the maxium team size is 3 people.
I would like to participate, but late may/early June is the earliest i can do it (unless it is on a weekend) due to school.
I like the idea of the contest, it seems like something that could also be very streamable. My only qualms with it, though, revolve around the timing. Now I'm all for a 12 hour contest, but 6 hours to create a layout seems like a lot of time. That's already longer than 5 Hours of Power, and considering that there are people who have made coasters (layout, supports, scenery, the works) all in one hour, I imagine that a good chunk of the contest will be just sitting around waiting for the next curveball.
From what I understand, these curveballs are essential to making the contest work as intended, and I think 2 hours between them is waaaay more than enough time to adjust to the curveball. Adding more curveballs at a higher frequency (say, 1 every hour, which would actually be a good way of keeping track of time during the contest) may help in decreasing the amount of possible dead space in between curveballs, but that's just my suggestion.
tlansdell posted on March 21st, 2019
and considering that there are people who have made coasters (layout, supports, scenery, the works) all in one hour, I imagine that a good chunk of the contest will be just sitting around waiting for the next curveball.
Sounds like Wolfraging95's experience with this contest.
The idea of doing a 12h contest really intrigues me.
If the timing is somewhat alright for us in Europe I might already have a team of 3 people (including me) ready to dive on in.
I really like the idea of a curve-ball, but I don't want to many in such a contest. Maybe move them closer to each other and give us more time for the final design?
Helps us start making final theming earlier.
tlansdell posted on March 21st, 2019
I like the idea of the contest, it seems like something that could also be very streamable. My only qualms with it, though, revolve around the timing. Now I'm all for a 12 hour contest, but 6 hours to create a layout seems like a lot of time. That's already longer than 5 Hours of Power, and considering that there are people who have made coasters (layout, supports, scenery, the works) all in one hour, I imagine that a good chunk of the contest will be just sitting around waiting for the next curveball.
From what I understand, these curveballs are essential to making the contest work as intended, and I think 2 hours between them is waaaay more than enough time to adjust to the curveball. Adding more curveballs at a higher frequency (say, 1 every hour, which would actually be a good way of keeping track of time during the contest) may help in decreasing the amount of possible dead space in between curveballs, but that's just my suggestion.
Yeah I think think the 1 hour between each courveball might be better
Kevan posted on March 22nd, 2019
The idea of doing a 12h contest really intrigues me.
If the timing is somewhat alright for us in Europe I might already have a team of 3 people (including me) ready to dive on in.
I really like the idea of a curve-ball, but I don't want to many in such a contest. Maybe move them closer to each other and give us more time for the final design?
Helps us start making final theming earlier.
The timing will be based off of europien times I'm just not sure when. The curveball is only idea at the momment and I am really glad for the feedback on it.
I'm in the process of writing everything up at the moment the full rules will be finished soon

Welcome to the 12 Hours of Insanity NoLimits 2 Contest
The contest is simple. Design, Build and Theme a fully functional coaster in 12 hours. Sounds simple right?
But there is a catch. Every two hours a curve-ball will be thrown into the mix which your project must meet by the end of the contest. This will make the contest more fun and exciting than just creating a coaster in just 12 hours. A example of a curve-ball could be "Your coaster must have a vertical loop in its layout."
To keep things as easy as they can be, the first half of the contest's curve-balls will be based around the coaster and it's layout and the second half of the contest's curve-balls will be based on the coasters scenery.
The things you will be judged on
In addition to this there will be a video award. This award is optional and will not effect your judging score on your main coaster entry. It's just something you could do if you have more time.
The full rules, template, date and time of the contest will be announced as soon as I finalize them.
Feel free to suggest timings for the contest as I know most people have different time zones and I want this contest to suit everyone no matter where they are in the world.
The contest will probably be held on a weekend in the next couple of weeks (I just haven't found a date yet)
Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. I'll be happy to help.