How To Start With Scripting: A Text for beginners!
Hello,
i have tried to download it but the zip file cannot be unpacked using 7zip or winzip, also not with archive manager from ubuntu. I have downloaded it with right mouseclick "save link as". If i click the link directly i see dropbox page to open it bit not to download it.
I am using ubuntu for internet but another PC with windows without internet connection where NoLimits is running. So i need offline versions to use it.
What have i to do to download a working zip-file? Thanks for help.
Best regards
Have you tried to redownload it? Maybe the file is corrupt after downloading. It worked straight forward here just using unzip (md5sum is also shown so that you can verify the file integrity):

If you have trouble downloading from Dropbox, check if your browser settings are correct to work with Dropbox or search the internet for troubleshooting with this! This is about how it should look like:

Thank you for this!
Hello,
now it worked with the download link in dropbox (i have not sseen this link before). My first try downloaded just ca. 300kByte, now it is 2.6MByte and can be unzipped. Thank You!
Best regards
bestdani, I'm having trouble with getting the Big Spot.nl2sco to appear in the "lights" tab of the NL2SCO editor for the step involving finding the light's "properties" name.
It's in Library listed in Park/Lamp Set/Big Spot

Thank you!
I'll never thank you enough bestdani for releasing this document : I understood nothing the day before i read it, and the day after i perfectly understand how it works, just have to read the class overview to remember the names ! It's a great idea :)
bestdani posted on January 31st, 2019
It's in Library listed in Park/Lamp Set/Big Spot
thank you for this! it is so excellent!
I want to use the 3D model of the car I built myself. How do I operate it
Ik this thread is so old but THANK YOU SO MUCH OP!!!! I have been wishing someone would make a tutorial in an easily digestable conversational styled format like this for so long and now, after years of playing NL2, I'm actually learning how to script!!

Hello out there,
you maybe noticed what can be done in NL2 thanks to it's powerful scripting feature.
The problem is that this requires a lot of know how and there is no guide that helps you to get started.
Finally here is (another) one!
Download the zip archive from my Dropbox, extract it and open the directory that contains the text file (as HTML) that can be viewed with your favorite browser.
>>> Download <<<
I started to write this text some time ago and since I noticed someone else is also about to release a text like this, I think it might be a good point in time to finally release it instead of holding it back to improve just tiny things like typos every time I read it. I think it can just help if there are two variants with different approaches available to that topic.
Enjoy and don't hesitate to post any questions and ideas for improvements!