Skip to content

Fatal Error: Out of Memory

1 to 5 of 5

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could explain the cause of the fatal error message saying that there is no memory left in the NL2 simulator. I have a huge, very detailed park, so I was thinking that this may be the cause? I own a HP OMEN so I didn't know if this was powerful enough or that simply I need to build smaller/less detailed parks in the future because of game optimization limitations. As a reference, I currently get 1-2 fps in play mode and about 1 fps in the editor. If anyone could provide suggestions as to what I should do, that would be very much appreciated. Thank you all so much for the wonderful community that is the NL2 community and the fantastic work done in the simulator!

Posted December 21, 2018· Edited December 21, 2018

Sounds like you just have the two options: Upgrade your hardware (increase the amount of memory) to make it compatible with what you want to achieve with your computer or reduce the amount of memory usage created by your park / assets by reducing the amount of memory that is needed by your creations.

I would expect that just getting 1 to 2 fps is a strong sign that your assets / park is way too detailed, I guess this is not caused by limited game optimization in this case but probably by using limited optimized assets or building paradigms.

bestdani posted on December 21st, 2018

Sounds like you just have the two options: Upgrade your hardware (increase the amount of memory) to make it compatible with what you want to achieve with your computer or reduce the amount of memory usage created by your park / assets by reducing the amount of memory that is needed by your creations.

I would expect that just getting 1 to 2 fps is a strong sign that your assets / park is way too detailed, I guess this is not caused by limited game optimization in this case but probably by using limited optimized assets or building paradigms.

Hi bestdani, if I wanted to upgrade the hardware on my laptop to increase the memory (I scaled back a lot on what was bogging my computer down but am still getting the fatal error out of memory message which closes the game) what would I have to replace?

1 to 5 of 5