Theme Park News & Discussion
Wow both of those look great... The out banked hill before that cobra roll though... wow.
cough The Smiler's cobra roll cough
Not traditionally "non-inverting", but still definitely worthy of the title "non-inverting"
ThatFlyerGuy1 posted on November 18th, 2018
cough The Smiler's cobra roll cough
Not traditionally "non-inverting", but still definitely worthy of the title "non-inverting"
Smiler's cobra definitely inverts not sure what you're talking about


Who in the high holy hell thinks Smiler's cobra doesn't invert lmao
Airplansdan does, clearly.
That roll inverts, no doubt about it.
Dan, what you on about π You've said yourself that it "barely inverts".
And thus, the debate over "What is an inversion?" begins. I wouldn't say it hits "inverting angle", however some might.
It's an inversion. No two ways about it. Look at the photos Paradox posted and see it for what it is. Maybe you should actually ride it before you make claims like that.
ThatFlyerGuy1 posted on November 18th, 2018
Dan, what you on about π You've said yourself that it "barely inverts".
And thus, the debate over "What is an inversion?" begins. I wouldn't say it hits "inverting angle", however some might.
Sorry to burst your bubble but if its not inverting please explain how smiler has 14 inversions because now your insisting that it only has 12
The general manufacturer consensus for an inversion is around 155 degrees afaik, that would easily put smiler's cobra as an inversion
Perhaps if I saw some numbers, I'd see it differently; however, it's never really crossed my mind as a well & true inversion.
I am 100% positive that cobra roll hits at least 155 degrees
ahhh blasting airplansdan. good times.
ThatFlyerGuy1 posted on November 19th, 2018
Perhaps if I saw some numbers, I'd see it differently; however, it's never really crossed my mind as a well & true inversion.
14 inversions. 14 is a number.
Looks like Valravn had a bump. Twitter. Very weird incident and Cedar Point doesn't look good again...

The official topic for theme park news and general discussion.
To kick things off, there have been many announcements coming out of IAAPA. Today, Intamin showed off two new coasters for 2021.
Parc Asterix will be getting a multi launch with several new elements and Walibi Belgium will be getting a mega coaster with the first non-inverting cobra roll.