Skip to content

fvd++ mac issue

1 to 7 of 7

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but i downloaded fvd from github, and extracted the mac version from it. it seems to be working fine but the camera is very sensitive and i can't move around the world. It was working perfectly fine on my last intel mac. Im on a m2 on macos sonoma, if anyone knows a fix i'd appreciate if you'd let me know.

This is entirely just a guess, but I’d imagine that it’s because openFVD does not yet have native support for apple silicon (m1, m2, et cetera). As far as I know, only x64 and x86 architectures are supported natively.

I’m not sure how exactly running older programs on newer apple silicon chips works, but I’d guess it’s likely whatever wrapper / emulator / whatever that apple uses isn’t perfect yet. Not much you can do about it I’m afraid, apart from running openFVD in a virtual machine.

Posted June 24, 2024· Edited June 24, 2024

ffinelliott posted on June 17th, 2024

This is entirely just a guess, but I’d imagine that it’s because openFVD does not yet have native support for apple silicon (m1, m2, et cetera). As far as I know, only x64 and x86 architectures are supported natively.

I’m not sure how exactly running older programs on newer apple silicon chips works, but I’d guess it’s likely whatever wrapper / emulator / whatever that apple uses isn’t perfect yet. Not much you can do about it I’m afraid, apart from running openFVD in a virtual machine.

It makes sense, i was just asking becasue i think i saw people saying they got it working on silcon mac. its just weird because litteraly everything else works the application opens and functions, i can even export track its just the camera won't move at all and rotates very fast

Posted August 6, 2024· Edited August 6, 2024

I'm also on a M1 w/ macOS Sonoma - and can verify that the mouse orbit is very wonky. It seems as if the sensitivity is off by a factor of something large (like 100 - or maybe even larger). If you are REALLY careful, you can sometimes get the right-click orbit to go where you intend, but sometimes it just starts spastically rotating like you just got in the zipper ride, and the operator decided to spin your cage around.

Also, I can't figure out how to zoom using an Apple Magic Mouse - whilte in Right-Click mode, the scroll gesture seems to pan up and down in the vertical direction.

I had a quick look through the source, but couldn't find any project files. Are those not included in the github repository, or will Qt creator recognize it as a Qt project without any project files?

It also would be a great feature to be able to switch 3D view manipulation key & mouse bindings to something a bit more standard, like either the same controls as Blender or Fusion 360.

Posted September 23, 2024· Edited September 23, 2024

I think that the sensitivity issue might have something to do with the mouse not sticking to the center of the screen when you right click
.

no more fvd++ sensivity issues on mac!!

  1. just download any fvd file
  2. open TERMINAL (app), and throw in this command: sudo tccutil reset All com.altlenny.FVD
  3. push enter button on your keyboard and then fill in your password
  4. if fvd was still open, close it. open it again and try to move around
  5. then a popup comes up with the question if u want to add it to something in privacy settings, press open settings & make sure its turned to yes
  6. make crazy fucking amazing coasters & never buy a windows bc those are wack
1 to 7 of 7