Skip to content

Rolley coasters that I dun did

1 to 16 of 16

I'm working on quite a few projects at once right now and thought I'd start a thread about them. I'll probably post more in the next few days but below are POVs of a Mega coaster and a Blitz coaster that are in progress. I'd love some feedback/criticism on them! I design using FVD++.

Blitz:

Mega:

They are both super smooth. I really like the layout of the mega coaster, it reminds be a bit of a B&M with all the swooping and smooth curves like Fury and Leviathan.

The Blitz coaster is really smooth as well but I am not the biggest fan of the layout as it is a bit repetitive with all

Thanks! It was tough to know where to go next with the layout of the Blitz coaster, I'm considering re-doing the second half. It's weird because the ones I used for inspiration (Maverick, Taron, Cheetah Hunt) are also kind of repetitive but manage to make those repetitive elements "feel" fresh, which I attempted but clearly need to work on! I appreciate the feedback.

The blitz could benefit from some taller areas. If you're using maverick for inspiration, think of the dives it has and the pointy air hill.

Thanks. I may need to increase the height of the inclined launch in that case, in order to give it enough speed to get through some taller elements. I think scenery will also definitely spice it up a little, I have some close calls planned for the second half over the water.

Posted April 26, 2018· Edited April 26, 2018

Thought I'd post a couple more while I rework the Blitz.

Here's an Infinity Coaster. Not sure if Gerstlauer would build a layout like this in reality but I tried to get some of their weird shaping in the elements and I liked the drop:

And a classic PTC-style coaster. This was really fun to make in FVD++. I built it using all geometric sections as functions of distance instead of time.

The wooden coaster has a lot of airtime hills directly after one another without anything else happening inbetween. That should be avoided, although it is quite easy to fall into this trap.

Actually the woodie's layout is pretty accurate for the kind that you were trying to make it. There are plenty of coasters, even modern ones, that have strings of hills one after another.

That's what I was going for, really. I like it when those classic woodies have relentless bunny hills at the end as a kind of finale. Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys!

Hi folks, thought I'd update this thread with a couple more projects I'm working on.

Here's a B&M launched wing coaster. I'm pretty happy with the layout but can't think of a good theme. It's weird making these because the heartline (although minimal) never looks right. That inline twist was tricky in FVD++ too!

This is a B&M giga that I think is okay, but I'm not crazy about the layout. I might add more toward the end. Would love some suggestions!

Also, I just uploaded a launched infinity coaster called Cryptid that I'm pretty happy with. Check it out if you feel like it!

That's a pretty original layout for that wingrider. The inline roll is beautiful especially. I enjoy how the giga focuses more on airtime than high-speed curves as well. What were you thinking of adding to the end? It seems to end nicely in my opinion.

Thanks! I was thinking of adding more twisty segments, but I didn't have anything specific in mind. Mostly it was just because I felt like it was too short. I think it's bit shorter than Fury but longer than Leviathan. If I come up with something I like, I'll add it. Otherwise, maybe I'll just keep it the way it is. I don't want to add some unnecessary fluff at the end just to make it longer.

Thought I'd update this with a floorless coaster I finished a couple days ago. I'm pretty happy with it, so right now it's looking like it might be my next upload, unless I finish supporting the wing coaster first. But I always end up starting new projects before finishing others so who knows.

It might be the smoothest coaster I've built, and I think the back seat POV shows that off nicely:

1 to 16 of 16