Skip to content

How do I create a station in Blender without the ability to export splines?

1 to 4 of 4

I've seen many tutorials on this topic, yet all of them tell you to use splines and such. I'm just wondering if there's a way to export splines outside of NL2 without the pro version, or if there is an easier way to do this. I have the standard license, and I don't really have money to upgrade to the pro version. Any tips?

Posted August 11, 2023· Edited August 11, 2023

By using un-frozen support nodes & beams.
Simply use support beams in wireframe mode to measure the dimensions of your track 'channel' in the default station platform. When you click on the beam, it tells you how long it is at the bottom left of screen. Then just make a box in Blender to the same dimensions, and use that as a guide for your custom station platform. I use this method all the time, and 99% of the time it's bang on target. Then it's just a matter of doing test fits and fine tuning the end result till you're happy with it.
You don't need to use splines for this at all. And people who say you need to use them are wrong, lol.

Hope that helps.

I use Google SketchUp. I start with at single wall. See what the length is clicking 1 time on the Station Block and and keep trying to make it fit.

1 to 4 of 4