Skip to content

FVD++ on Apple Silicon iMac?

1 to 2 of 2
Posted July 23, 2022· Edited July 23, 2022

Hi, I wasn't sure if this belonged in the official FVD++ thread or not so apologies if it should be moved.

I wanted to try my hand at FVD++ but the application won't open on my M1 iMac. I get an error stating "The application "FVD" can't
be opened."

I tried emailing the developer a few weeks back using the address on the github page but haven't heard anything back. I'm currently running macOS 12.1 Monterey. I'm assuming there's a compatibility issue with the M1 chip as I see FVD++ hasn't been updated since 2016. Anyone have any info?

Hi, I am trying to run FVD++ on my Mac. I am currently running MacOS 12.6.1 Monterey and my Mac does not have an M1 chip. I am also getting the same error, I have heard disabling the gatekeeper might help? I tried it and was unsuccessful. Below I attached a link to a tutorial on how to disable the gatekeeper. Keep in mind that this is an important security function. Good luck with getting it to work :)

gatekeeper tutorial

1 to 2 of 2